2.0 E Crank Seal?

calmk3gt

as it says really, crank seal has gone and i've had massive problems getting ones to fit, been through about 4 ebay guffs and was wondering if anyone could share some light on my situation!

seems since i've got this car its been up in the air more than its been on the road, sorry to fellow members for not introducing myself and the car properly but i just want it in a good stare to show off and prance around! any shows in july??

thanks all

callum!

hi. personally ive never experienced any problems getting a seal to fit in properly.once box & flywheel is off they come out easily & new ones tap in flush.if you are having problems finding one i suggest you take the old original or measure the crank & bore & then go to any local engineering firm or bearing supplier & they should be able to match you up with one no problem.i would ask for one in viton.hopefully thou someone else on here should have one for you.

It could be a groove in the crank thats causing the leak, if so you could try leaving the seal slightly proud as long as it doesen't catch the flywheel.

Other than that you might need the crank flange turning down and a sleeve made to bring it back to the correct size, if it is just down to the incorrect seal then i can get an OE one from Opel but your looking at fifty odd quid

Cheers

Andy

seals all fixed and in now! yaaayyy! problem was just the fact that i was always ordering the wrong seals! but now i've come across another problem i'm finding it hard to get hold of the gearbox to bell housing mounting bolts! anyone care to share any light of part numbers or places i can get the bolts? the engines a 2.0E btw.