Manta 1.8S Berlinetta

Peb

Manta B 1.8S Hatch £4K

Hi all.

I have a rather nice 1984 Manta B Berlinetta for sale due to the old reason of a single garage and no space to keep it.......otherwise I would hang on to it!

The date of first registration was 15th March 1984 and was purchased by a lady in Harrow who kept it until Jan 2012 when she donated it to a charity auction with only 21K miles on the clock, where it was bought by Chris Evans. He transferred the private plate and then sold the car to a local dealer when it was purchased by me in August 2012.

I put new tyres all round, a new cambelt, distributor belt, water pump,dist cap plugs and leads, four AVO adjustable shocks and a manual choke conversion which has not yet been fitted.

The mileage now reads 23689 and it has tax until Feb 2014 and MOT until Oct 1st 2014.

I have tons of paperwork for it most MOTs from 1989, just a few gaps, to verify mileage and lots of receipts showing various work done, tyres bought etc. even the original owners manual plus a Haynes manual.

I would guess it was Ziebarted from new, plugs in the doors and sills etc. Only fault I could find is 4th to 3rd syncro a bit weak until it warms up, other than that it rolls along a treat.

It has been in storage under cover for the last 3 months now on my drive. I am asking £4K for it which I think is a realistic price considering age condition history etc. What do you guys think? I`ve seen similar for a lot more money but they don`t seem to sell so I`m trying to be sensible but am still open to offers!!

I live in a village off the A45, just east of Northampton and about 12 miles from junction 15 off the M1. Any questions or more info please ring me on 07708899647. Not advertised anywhere else yet - I'd like to see such a mint vehicle stay within the Club and be looked after.

Thanks.

Pete

IMG_3276_zps9d0e2c63.jpg

IMG_3277_zps5af9ab73.jpg

IMG_3282_zpsdfc9c73e.jpg

IMG_3395_zps8474f760.jpg

PS. Minor point but I have some headlamp wipers not shown as

Good luck with the sale, 4K for a hatch is top money but it looks in great time warp condition.

I hope it goes to someone who will keep it standard as it is so rare now to see 1.8 hatches in such good standard condition that remain unmolested.

Thanks for the replies and interest chaps. Price is obviously the tricky one but as the old saying goes "you can always come down" the only way to increase is if you own an energy company!! Early days yet and there`s always the dreaded Ebay but when you hit mid 60s you don`t do hassle! Thanks. Pete

Thanks Paul.

Yes I was at Billing....lucky for me it`s only a couple of miles away, not for sale though it was just on show.

Will try and get some piccies of underneath as suggested by robah ...good idea.

Got some piccies I took yesterday only difference battery disconnect fitted as it was laid up for about 3 months and some h/lamp wipers added.

Got some shots of underneath, best I could do lying in the driveway, but gives an idea of originality.

ALSO....Price drop to £3250. Don`t know how to change the original advert/post for the price, perhaps you can`t.

Thanks. Pete

IMG_3419_zps9a4ab935.jpg

IMG_3420_zps4f9d84db.jpg

IMG_3425_zpse67b1e76.jpg

IMG_3421_zps5a98bb81.jpg

IMG_3429_zpsd6e21a74.jpg

• 2 months later...