Hello From South Manchester.

devilwoo

Hi guys,

I've just bought the blue GTE coupe that was on eBay. I've been regretting the day I sold my Chevette HS and fancied some RWD action again. Always fancied a Manta and this one came up at the right time, I look forward to getting to know you all.

Best regards,

Mike.

_12_zps7baf8094.jpg

This was my Chevette HS No.3 of the first 200 made TET616S

32392_10151235729709823_1241452017_n.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Gary,

Mossley… I know Mossley. There's a van sales place on the main drag, a guy called Martin owns the land/workshop. It's opposite a big pub.

I live in Heald Green by the Airport.

I collect the Manta on Thursday, so plenty of pics to come.

Few questions I have already.

Where is the best place to buy the following items:

Suede deep steering wheel and boss to fit Manta?

Quick shift gear linkage?

Proving as hard to locate as the Chevette parts were….

Regards Mike.

Edited by devilwoo

I know I was looking for a vette for ages and as soon as I bought the manta I got offered 2 of them but had no cash.but the manta is bigger and quicker than the vette you will be grinning from ear to ear when yours turns up looks like a really nice one

• Like 1

crackn that mike always had a warm spot for blue manta though as ye do went through whole colour chart lol settled on white goldcard shell oils colours as far as 400 manta rep goes ,jus need too find one for sale ,was chevette bound last year ,was in ireland and a works rep ford x-flow engined i'm sure in same livery as this one started at 4995 n dropped to 3499 athink on retro rides ,though decided not for the suburbs they'd knick the garage with it i'm sure lol ,luv em'

My first Manta. I'm using it as a daily driver, I LOVE IT!

It's bloody good on fuel too, unless the gauge is broken. Everything works, wiring on the lights need a little attention but apart from that it's lovely. I'm extremely pleased with it.

It's not as powerful as the chevette was, but they are totally different cars. It has a really nice soft ride and feels solid, it holds the road well. I'd heard bad reviews about handling etc… but that never puts me off. I prefer finding it out for myself.

I think it is a car that has been produced just at the right time. It's built after the unreliable years and before the ECU/electronic years of car building, basically there's nothing really that can go wrong. Again, I'm very happy.