First Time A Series Owner

emma9307

Hi , My name is Patrick and just got my self a 73 a series. It is my dream car and even though i have a wedding late this year i had to have it. It has a 1.6 in it at the minute but hope to change that. It starts and runs and i hope to have it on the road by the end of summer. It is rusty in parts and will need new chassis rails and arches and a few other bits doing. But this will be my car for life. Can't wait to get started and i will upload some pics when it turns up and also be pestering you lot for any advice you can give me.

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the manta family. I am in the same boat I have just bought an A series that needs a bit of work but will look brilliant once finished the A series look amazing you will have to get some pictures up on here. All the help you will need you just need to ask on here and we will all help out the best we can.

Cheers for the welcome guys and for the info on parts. Ive been toying with the idea of trying to make some chassis rails but if they are cheap enough then it makes more sense to buy them. When it turns up on Saturday i will take pics and get them on here and you can see what i am dealing with.

DiMarco, was it you trying to get that orange drag manta? Which one did you get in the end ? As i have just missed out on a few with having poor internet. Wonder if it might be one of them and has at least been saved and going to a member.

Cheers for the welcome guys and for the info on parts. Ive been toying with the idea of trying to make some chassis rails but if they are cheap enough then it makes more sense to buy them. When it turns up on Saturday i will take pics and get them on here and you can see what i am dealing with.

DiMarco, was it you trying to get that orange drag manta? Which one did you get in the end ? As i have just missed out on a few with having poor internet. Wonder if it might be one of them and has at least been saved and going to a member.

Yes that was me :D I bought it in the end and is currently getting restored which is hard work but once she is finished will be so satisfying and so happy that I put her back on the road again. Since I have bought mine I have seen a couple that have come up on ebay but they are getting rare. I am sure there might be someone on here thinking of there donor car or unfinished project but they are getting more rare these days and have to expect a lot of work getting her road worthly I have noticed lol. The link below is my beast.

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/35425-opel-manta-a-series-hot-rod-beast/page-3

• 2 weeks later...
  • "But this will be my car for life"

Well good luck with that, I never thought mine would still have my bum on the seat for any particular length of time, but over 30 years later I still have it & can't imagine moving it on.

Welcome to OMOC, a reet good set of knowledgeable folk (anoraks), I'm sure you will get any assistance & advice you need from here.

Sam.