Near Death Manta

stalymanta_zpsbc3287ad.jpg

WP_20140603_002_zps611d0bff.jpg

WP_20140603_001_zpse98552d6.jpg

WP_20140603_003_zpscd846523.jpg

in a scrapyard near me.....was a pile of rot i can't be bother with any parts from it either, the window seems to have been smashed in 2002, the back end was rotten as a pear as were chassis legs, could not be arsed having a better look as they think its worth something

Edited by garymanc

That is probably the most rotten Manta I have seen, if not one of them. Cannot believe the condition of the interior, definitely the most neglected interior I have ever seen in a Manta. What would it take to restore this one?

When you see Manta's in this condition I think things like welding can't be done straight away. For example you couldn't just slide underneath it and do welding because like you say the metal work under the body like the chassis rails will be totally shot. But if you made or got made depending how skilful you are, some brand new metal work you could save it? I agree it would cost the earth and the amount of time is enormous but I think if you had enough years free to sort this Car out meaning a total nut and bolt strip down and rebuild, it could be done theoretically?

I see what you mean about the welding, I have a lot to learn about welding, can tack weld and I really enjoy it but never used a gas welder. But yes you would need some solid metal to actually weld onto. :)

Just seen it on Ebay as well, I guess the scrapyard is going to sell it for parts. If he can find any.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...