Drivers wing, nosecone strip.

opel2000

I'm in need of a Drivers side wing, cosmetics unimportant, spot o' rust ok as long as not rotten through, doesn't matter what Manta it is from or MK I Cav even.

Also I'm in need of the strip that runs between the nose and the bumper of the Manta.

Cash waiting

Can collect within reasonable distance, I'm in Leicester.

I asked a question in another thread a while back about that strip and as to whether it was fitted to Exclusive's when they were new. The answer (from Mantaman I think) was no. However, today it seems that quite a few have it fitted, whilst others don't. It does help fill the gap but I suspect that's down to perhaps a poor alignment and fit-up of the front bumper/spoiler. 

Hi. I have a great wing for the driver's side and I'm just up the M1 in Chesterfield. It's a genuine GM panel and was fitted to a C plate GT/E in 1996 by the main dealers, Silks of Buxton when this car had an accident, it was then used for a year and in 97 the car came off the road as its fuel tank started leaking. I got the car in 2006 and stripped it as it had stood in a garage unused. I bare metalled this wing, welded up the aerial hole, treated the inside and outside with rust preventative, etch primed it and then two pack primed it. Then got two brand new ones given to me so used the new ones on my restoration instead. I've got the passenger one too in its 1996 paint so you can see how solid it was before it was treated and primed. It's been rattling round in my garage for a while now and I've got one of those trim strips too.

Looking for £100 for the wing and strip please. It's totally rust free but will probably have a bit of light scratching on that primer through storage. I can't remember if it had side repeater holes though.

Could be viewed on Saturday or I could get pics for you?

Luke.

12 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

I asked a question in another thread a while back about that strip and as to whether it was fitted to Exclusive's when they were new. The answer (from Mantaman I think) was no. However, today it seems that quite a few have it fitted, whilst others don't. It does help fill the gap but I suspect that's down to perhaps a poor alignment and fit-up of the front bumper/spoiler. 

Yes that is correct the Exclusives never had the under grill trim strips fitted. I am guessing its because there were no holes to screw the ends into as what was fitted to the square lights.