Early B rear bulb holder

paulmanta

Hi, I was investigating why the left indicator doesn't work on this red 1800 hatch and once I got in behind the boot trims I found out the reason it doesn't work is that the bulb holder is not there !

I checked the 1/4 cavity and the void behind the rear panel ( the bulb holders can fall out and hide themselves) with the endoscopic camera, nothing, no rust either which is nice but the bulb holder is utterly missing.

So, I am after an early Bosch indicator bulb holder for a 1981 Manta Hatch Berlinetta. looks like this if anyone has one, I have lots of later ones but I want to keep this original.

bulbholder.jpg

Edited by paulmanta
spellung arrors

Got a taillight with those white bulb holders. Was a piece someone gave me there it was hanging in his garage eating dust.

Never saw those bulb holders earlyer but the red coloured frame gave me the indication it was a B1 taillight (Black on a B2).

Worst case scenario; if no one in GB has one I can send the bulp holder  from Belgium ...

Thanks, its a strange thing, this has the early style bulb holders as seen in the red framed lights but the light frame is black.  But its the same design as the red frame,  The later ones are totally different around the holders.

here are a couple more pics, I cant find any numbers, only the word "BOSCH" on the back.

bulbholder front.jpg

bulbholderback.jpg

ExclusiveOpel, Yes please, That's the one.

Thanks to everyone else who has offered help here.

All the best

Paul.

Of course, it doesn't solve the mystery of where the original one went. I had to remove all the inner boot trim to find it was not there, there are no rust holes it could have fallen out on the road and a good look with the camera on a stick turned up nothing.