Brakes

Keith Moffat

Does anyone know which callipers were used in the Peter Maiden brake upgrade in the early 90’s?  My callipers have seized and need either rebuilt or replaced.
If not what is the best front brake options and where is it available from?

carlton 2.2 are stillonly single piston albeit larger .the ones on all my cavs are the early standard twin piston type. work great and no silly slides to seize up. i drive many a modern car too and never notice the cav  brakes to be lacking in any way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

carlton 2.2 are stillonly single piston albeit larger .the ones on all my cavs are the early standard twin piston type. work great and no silly slides to seize up. i drive many a modern car too and never notice the cav  brakes to be lacking in any way.

There used to be a spacer kit you could buy to make the calipers suitable for vented discs. Maybe it's this he has.

ah that makes sense. same idea as they do on the rears of some vauxhalls with vented vs solid discs.

but then again ,even though the vented carlton calipers were single piston with the standard pad that fitted many different vauxhalls they had a different / better slider mechanism that didnt seize like the silly sliding tube design and they felt powerfull enough on carltons themselves.