Opel Manta A 1900S (1975)

Hello everyone!

I'm new on this website and I look forward to discuss topics on this forum about restoration of Manta's. I'm from Flanders, Belgium.

My friend and I bought an Opel Manta A 1900S from 1975. This one has a refurbished 1900S engine. Interior needs big restoration, apart from this the only big concern are the rustspots underneath the vinylroof seams which are getting to fixed early on this restoration.

We are looking forward to make a TurboManta replica out of this one! 😄

It's a dream for me working on such a beautiful car like this one ☺️

• Like 4

Hi Kneuzer, welcome overhere. A lot of info to find here. I'm also from Belgium, about 10 km's from Antwerp to the east. (Oost-Vlaanderen)  

We all love pics, so we would love to see some of the Manta. (Is it a bleu-metallic one?)

Grts and succes with the restoration!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kneuzer said:

Hello everyone!

I'm new on this website and I look forward to discuss topics on this forum about restoration of Manta's. I'm from Flanders, Belgium.

My friend and I bought an Opel Manta A 1900S from 1975. This one has a refurbished 1900S engine. Interior needs big restoration, apart from this the only big concern are the rustspots underneath the vinylroof seams which are getting to fixed early on this restoration.

We are looking forward to make a TurboManta replica out of this one! 😄

It's a dream for me working on such a beautiful car like this one ☺️

Welcome and brats on the purchase 👍😎

• Like 1

23 hours ago, H-400 said:

Hi Kneuzer, welcome overhere. A lot of info to find here. I'm also from Belgium, about 10 km's from Antwerp to the east. (Oost-Vlaanderen)  

We all love pics, so we would love to see some of the Manta. (Is it a bleu-metallic one?)

Grts and succes with the restoration!

Dear fellow Belgian, :D 

It was a blue-metallic one, but previous owner did a repaint in gray/brown (Original paint is still underneath...). 

The car is apart from some electrical wires issues ready to drive and it does amazingly. The first thing we want to do is to get it through the car inspection. Than drive it for a while, so that we can get to know ert better, maybe find some flaws. After this we are going to disassemble her and restore her completely.

Idea is to make her a TurboManta replica after all, with a 5 speed transmission.

We are still thinking and discussing about the looks (TE2800 looks great in my opinion, stock look is also fire) we are not sure about the color. For now we keep her brown with some blue-metallic dots :P

Pictures are on the way.

• Like 1