Opel Manta B injection fuel tank in Opel Manta A

Kneuzer

1 hour ago, Kneuzer said:

Hello friends,

Is it possible to put the opel manta B injection fuel tank in a opek manta A?

Thanks in advance!

Im sure you can as i would think the space in the boot is as big as the B. It would have to go in the boot in the same position as the B as its the wrong shape to go under the boot floor like the A.

Why would you want to use the B tank in an A?

Is it to run injection? as they did injection on the last A series produced for Germany.

I have a PDF of the original A tank and the injection one here.

https://www.theopelproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/opel-manta-a-series-injection-fuel-tank.pdf

You could just have the A tank modified and i have seen some of the guys in the US fit in-tank fuel pumps from modern cars.

Andy

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the info Andy,

I was wondering since I have a injection fueltank for the Manta B in my possession, also my current Manta A has a Regular fueltank mounted on.

I was still thinking about whether I modify mij regular tank with modern car pieces or from the Manta B tank or leave it as is. Or just put the Manta B Tank in.

Also thanks for the PDF, I can sure use it well!!

But I found a guy who is willing to sell all his pieces from a Manta A GT/E, maybe spare me the trouble and just buy him his original injection fueltank.

Kneuzer

Hey No problem.

If you can get the GT/E tank from an A that would be the easiest option 🙂

I run injection on my A and wasn't keen on taking up space in the boot with a B series tank so i have modified my tank to take the injection return.

It helped me seeing how the GT/E was setup in that diagram.

There are lots of fittings so no need to have the tank welded etc.. just drilled and attached the fittings.

Andy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Biggest issue is that I have noticed in mine : with standard tank and injection set up (so without a swirl pot /baffles) if you were to go round a long corner with a low level of fuel and you can starve the engine of fuel as it can suck air for a few seconds. It happened once to me so far but don't tend to run it till empty now just in case.