Wanted: Manta A series...

LostSoul

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, seanpren said:

It’s priced as ‘I don’t want to sell’. I am all for the increased value in these cars, but that is a bit of stretch to its value without it been lower mikes and low number of owners. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My new-to-me Manta came home from the workshop yesterday evening 😃

Simple fix - carb clogged (through lack of use, most likely)

A very nice, gentle drive back, about 15 miles on A/B roads. All very satisfactory.

Roads were wet though, so will clean the car today, before taking a couple of pictures...

So many questions to ask here already!

Best wishes to all

LS

• Like 3

Maybe have a look at cleaning tank, new fuel filter. Might eliminate a few issues.Remove and clean fuel pump.

Happy motoring. 

Water pump and Thermostat, could solve other issues

All Basic upkeep. Maybe point, condenser, HT leads, plugs, full service etc, the joys of classics. Maybe keep spares in boot kit. 

Haynes manuals are a few quid. 

Nice looking car happy motoring. 

• Like 2

Thank you, evo03

(sorry can't find R-in-circle-thing!)

Fortunately, the car arrived with a new water pump and thermostat fitted, so a couple of jobs off the list.

My plan is to drive it as much as possible in the next couple of weeks and build a list (already quite long, but minor items)

I can bore for England when it comes to old cars but I'll do my best not to drive everyone here mad - there will definitely be some pleas for help though 😁😁

Car is booked into workshop at end of this month😀

(No skills here, other than a bit of cleaning, sadly)

I bought a brand new-old-stock (selophane-sealed!) Haynes manual when I started looking for one of these but the car came with one too...

Yes, I did open the new one 🙀

Have now given the car a wash and light polish. Here are a couple of snaps (I'm no mechanic, and certainly no photographer!!)

Floor mats are randoms from my collection, until I get some better-fitting ones. Phone holder a modern necessity 🙁

I'll be heading to NEC tomorrow and plan to seek out the OMOC stand to introduce myself.

All the best

LS

image.thumb.jpeg.4c24d2f6b91aa86483db5e5074946a1e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e75cb0ffe266771554744642a5c1955d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d1e86aee21066e8b9b64e508e3c6dc45.jpeg

• Like 2