Not Opel related but wondering if anyone can help? - Sound Deadening Felt.

I have a little side project of a 1997 Fiat restoration and im trying to get a piece of Sound Deadening Felt.

Like this - https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1384-sound-deadening-felt

But those guys want £15 to post a standard size piece and the days of going to the scrap yard are long gone! so i was wondering if anyone on here ever comes across anything like this? a lot of the stuff on eBay is the thin stuff (6mm) and i need a bit of the ticker stuff to keep it the same as the other side as its only missing from the drivers side.

Just thought i would ask.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

I have something similar to your request roughly 10mm thick. It has been in my shed probably 10 years and a few mice have attacked a portion of it.

How big a piece do you need and I can see if it will be useful for you.

6 hours ago, robah said:

I have something similar to your request roughly 10mm thick. It has been in my shed probably 10 years and a few mice have attacked a portion of it.

That would be great. I will have a measure up but not very big as its only for a little Fiat Cinq 🙂

I will have a measure tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

On 19/05/2024 at 16:49, robah said:

Had a quick measure and 50cm x 70cm is the area.

Andy

I will try and get around to photos the material to ensure correct material tomorrow. I defo have easily that much to send you.

It will be just P&P if you require it no cost on item.

• Like 1

Not the best pictures as the weather is not good here at the moment and couldn't really unfold and lay it out on the floor.

I am in work from tomorrow for 6 days but might be able to take it in over the weekend to unfold correctly for you.

I didn't have a banana for size reference so used a rule instead. 

20240522_161859.jpg

20240522_161905.jpg

20240522_161939.jpg

4 hours ago, robah said:

Not the best pictures as the weather is not good here at the moment and couldn't really unfold and lay it out on the floor.

I am in work from tomorrow for 6 days but might be able to take it in over the weekend to unfold correctly for you.

I didn't have a banana for size reference so used a rule instead. 

20240522_161859.jpg

20240522_161905.jpg

20240522_161939.jpg

That looks great. No rush as i have loads of other stuff to do on it first so whenever you get time. How much do you want for a piece the size i want?

Andy

On 23/05/2024 at 19:27, robah said:

Just P&P.

Once I cut it to size I will PM you for your address. 

Brilliant, i really appreciate it. Once i have that in i can get all the interior fitted back in 🙂