project mantzel manta

Hi all I have a few pics of the project patrol manta x fast car cover car I have been working on. Its now powered by a 16v xe 20lt and fitted a 400 bonet. mantzel extreeme body

anyway enough chat here are some pics of it when it came back home.

01012005001.jpg

01012005.jpg

just fresh paint cooling system, and exhaust to finish. bit of wiring too. hope to see you at the vboa

nik2.jpg

Look Out Wide Car Coming through!!!!!!!

does anyone know of someone who had one of these in the northwest? it was red, origonaly gold. it was sat on a driveway in Liverpool and stripped down [:(]

opel_manta_sig.jpg

it was this car

fastc1.jpg featured 1990

here are some new pics getting about an hour a day on it

copcar202.jpg

copcar201.jpg

copcar200.jpg

Its a little on the wild side but it will all make sence in the end.[;)]

nik2.jpg

The fast car Manta/Cavalier Mantzel extreme is no more,or a least that is the story told to me last year by someone at a show who visited the club stand.

It lived not that far from me,but was scrapped in the mid/late 90's when it went totally rotten underneath,the engine finding its way into another Cavalier.

Are you really doing a police theme car Nik or has the bits just been stuck on for a laugh before it goes for paint?

A Mad Max type Manta,wonder if Chris T sold his?

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

Its not the fast car cavalier its the blue gte I have the full feature of it as posted above. It was a 30lt supercharged manta when it was featured and was used mainly for brighton speed trials back in the 1990's. The car was stored ever since in a barn. Reg was 800 erl. Yes its a full out american spec police car with all the right stuff. Its not stayin like it for ever but just for some fun for a while until I can afford to do to it whats planned.

I have a full original mantzel extreem body kit up for sale as well it you no anyone. same as my mantas. POA.

nik2.jpg

i stand corrected,just like the man in orthapedic shoes!

the Fast Car project was a MK 1 Cavalier and was painted red,i remember now,it was this one that the story was told about.

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

of course I know the car now! Its Richard Lambs old beasty! He's the guy who owns and runs ERL (hence the reg plate) who make the water injection kits etc. His workshops are only 5 mins from where I live as it goes. Where did you pick it up from Nik, was it still with Richard?

I know that he built it but never really drove it, leaving that to other club members most of the time, and that it put out some serious power in 3l supercharged from.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the charger was the one that ended up fitted to Andy Colloms gte hatch several years ago, and that I think Roy Fellingham might have now, or was at least hoping to buy at one point. Richard had a lot of involvement with Pete Narancics Turbo Exclusive as well.

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

yer thats the 1 m8 I got it from a guy up in lester way god knows where was driving thro lanes for what seemed like forever. he had a collection of mantas and this was one of them, Unfortunalty it didnt have the original engine and was rubbed down all over paintwork but I had an e-mail from a friend saying his m8 had a manta like mine in a garage and wanted to sell it. So thats how it came about.

I got a 24v 30lt straight six with it but there a heavy old lump and the calibra engine red top seemed an easy move for now. So thats whats in her.

nik2.jpg

what did you do with the straight 6? If its the one that was in it years back and put money on it being modified, even if its just lower compression for the charger. In regards to the speed trials, pretty sure it was Andy Collom that drove it on some of the runs it did.

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

no the engine I got to go with it was an x police senator lump not the original blown 30l. I sold that on ebay.

nik2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Andy was offered and bought the charger but the last time he saw the car it was under a cover in Richards workshop. Richard then sorted Andy out with the water injection system and electronic management system which were early prototypes I believe. Andy fitted it all up to his manta with Richards advice and made a custom stainless feed from the charger to the inlet. It all made one very quick GTE. Andy did the Brighton speed trials up against Peter Narancics turbo but overheated the clutch and it failed between 2nd and 3rd gear. Had to coast over the line so he never found out who was quickest [:(]

Long after his GTE had one too many accidents I bought the whole setup from him.

OK she is ready for mot this week here are a few pics of it taken today sunday 18th. car will have a full repaint after mot and then the final stage applyin the stickers etc finishing touches.

16052006001.jpg

16052006002.jpg

16052006.jpg

nik2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

o boy MOT this week just brakes to unsease there a bit sticky due to sitting for 18 months or so. test drove her today an all going ok

got some looks lol...... stickes go on next week also completed the paint work now and wiring. will post pics when the stickers go on. just to finish it off. See ya at the vboa

nik2.jpg

Hi

Is it possible to find that Mantzel kit anywhere? It's been out of production for some years, and I'm told that it's impossible to find one.