D600 DFK B600 OEA i240 Original Pictures

Those photos are really great - thanks for posting them up. From a personal point of view, I think it is really interesting to have some insight into the cars from new.

As far as I am aware, we only have one member in the OMOC that bought an Irmscher car from new, and still owns it. Fortunately, I was speaking to him last Saturday and it is great to hear about the dealings he had with Steve Thompsons. The story was that he saw A99 JUE it at the 1984 motor show and was so taken with it, he popped down to Wallsall the next weekend and placed an order. He had to wait a futher 5 months before the car was ready for collection.

All this history is great ! If you don't mind, I'll save copies of these photos and docs for keeping with the Register. It would be great If I could find the time to post some of the photos and literature that I have about the other Irmscher cars. That will have to wait a while though, although we do have space on the club server for a small "Irmscher" section. Might have a word about it with our webmaster.[:D]

Cheers,

Paul.

OMOC Chairman.

Memb no 1679F

i200thumb.gif

With regards to the Exclusive, I've found one on my door step (a mile down the road). It's Black and is on a E-Plate. It's in pretty good nick to. It's also got a 2.0 16v Red-Top with twin 45's. The only thing that lets it down is the fact that it's got a tacky 400 bonnet.

Any ideas on what it would be worth if I could twist the guys arm to sell it?

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

A.Green

quote:Originally posted by Joe

"...reasonably solid GTE/Exclusive...."

I love an optimist, especially the words 'solid' and 'Exclusive' in the same sentence.[:I]

Joking apart, there are a few good ones still out there so I'm sure one will turn up if you're patient for a while.

That Manta bug certainly is a virulent illness.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please remember to log in to this site from the home page. It helps it to be first on the list when you type in 'Manta' in search engines, and there's some good stuff on there too.

id="quote">id="quote">

there you go, bashing the Exclusive again, just 'cos you haven't got one [:(!]

[;)][:D]

OMOC 5885

How to post Images

Sorry Pete, I just can't resist putting the "boot" in (I saw your other post - get on to Bilt Hamber before it's too late!)

I had an Exclusive (a coupé, in white). It was my second Manta and the car that got me back into them again after a four year break. It rotted away before I got the chance to restore it unfortunately.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please remember to log in to this site from the home page. It helps it to be first on the list when you type in 'Manta' in search engines, and there's some good stuff on there too.

• 2 months later...

Spooky, i got a ccc mag off ebay last week and it had the review of the i240 B600 OEA

It's a 1985 mag and even then they were saying the fasia was dated[:P]

What they did say was the car is amazing and was close to a super car

I haven't any scanning facilities but i will take the mag to the next nw pub meet so if anyone going can scan it and post?

kev

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Balls!

I knew that B600 OEA was pretty special but when it comes down to it, I think she was way beyond my capabilities and with other projects pressing I made the decision to let her go.....anyway I have a pretty special car sat in my garage (this is Tony Falls, ex DOT team bosses own car and was then built to show spec by Opel Classics) so I'm not too worried.

RedGT-front.jpg

RedGT-Rear.jpg

RedGTonInjection.jpg

RedGT-LeatherInterior.jpg

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...