my 1.8 project

RECARDO

hi lads

this is my 1.8 manta that i bought from greg, i'v only had it 3 weeks and need to sorce loads of parts.

i'm going to create a 400 replica from the out side.

with the money and time i'v got after i run around after my boys i estimate it will take 3-4 years.

here is some pic's that was sent to me.

i will try and get some more pic's at the weekend.

RECARDO

i car'nt wait untill some parts arrive so i can make a good start, it's just sitting there, i hope to start the welding on the o/s floor pan some time over the weekend or next week, wance they are done i can tip it on it's side and sort the chassie legs and boot floor.

i'v pritty much got the interior complete and in good nick, but im just concentrating on the body, it will take the most time,

will try and add pic's as i get on with her,

RECARDO

• 2 months later...

HI LADS

NOT HAD A GOOD START TO THIS PROJECT BEEN IN A CAR CRASH RECENTLY IN BROKEN MY WRIST, REALY UPSET I CAR'NT DO ANYTHING.

I HOPE TO START SOON I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED WHEN I GET SORTED.

RECARDO

• 4 weeks later...

HI LADS

THANKS TO SOME HELP I HAVE SOME PIC'S I CAN UPLOAD, OF THE WORK I HAVE DONE BEFORE MY CRASH IN FEB. STILL NOT SORTED YET WITH MY BROKEN WRIST I STILL CAN NOT PICK UP MY WELDER :( .

MY MANTA

I WANT TO GET ON BUT I'M HELD BACK FOR A SHOT WHILE, STILL LOADS TO DO. I HOPE YOU CAN SEE MY PIC'S.

RECARDO

Great to see you getting stuck in Recardo... wishing you a speedy recovery...

THANKS MATE

I'V ENJOYED READING ABOUT YOUR MANTA, AND GOT SOME GOOD TIPS OFF YOU WORK THAT I CAN USE ON MY BUILD ( I NEED TO IMPROVE AND GET MY SKILLS UP) YOU GOT MUCH MORE DONE?

RECARDO

HI LADS

I STRUGGLED ON AND GOT SOME WORK DONE TO DAY IT FEELS GOOD!!! FINISHED THE FLOOR PANS AND PULLED OUT THE O/S REAR QUATER PANAL WERE ITS BEEN HIT. THIS REVEALED ALOT MORE WORK JUST AS I SUSPECTED, NEED A NEW O/S REAR QUATER REPAIR PANAL IT'S GOING TO COST ME £15 + VAT FROM MY LOCAL PARTS CENTER, NEED A NEW BOOT FLOOR TO DO THE JOB RIGHT. I ALSO GOT A PRICE FOR O/S + N/S FULL SILLS £ 22 EACH +VAT. HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE WORK I MANAGED TO DO!

http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/RE...NTAS%20PROGRES/

I HAVE EVEN IMPREST MYSELF WITH FLOOR PAN GETTING BETTER AT FABRICATION.

RECARDO

• 2 weeks later...

GOT SOME MORE WORK DONE AT THE WEEKED, IT'S STRIPED AND FULLY INSPECTED, FOUND THAT THE BATTARY TRAY IS ROTTEN AN ANOTHER HOLE IN THE O/S FLOOR PAN. ME AND MY 4 YEAR OLD SON KYLE (THE NEXT GENARATION OF MANTA ENTHUSIASTS) PULLED OUT THE FRONT SUB FRAME AND THE REAR AXEL AND SAT HERE DOWN ON SOME TYRES. IM GETTING SOME SILLS AND CHASSIE LEGS ON THE 2nd OF MAY SO IM READY TO TIP HERE ONTO HER SIDE AND GET ON AND REPLACE THE ROTTEN CHASSIE LEGS, ITS TURNING INTO SOME PROJECT NOW, I WAS READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL WHEN I DISCOVERED MORE WORK I NEEDED TO DO. BUT I JUST THOUGHT OF WHAT I WOULD HAVE WHEN ITS FINNISHED.

IM JUST GLAD A HAVE DONE SOME WORK ON HER AFTER MY CRASH, WRIST HELD UP OK.

WILL TAKE SOME PICS AND ADD THEM ONTO MY PHOTOBUCKET GALLERY.

RECARDO