Metal Guard At Back Of Disc

sean999

can anyone tell me if it is possible to get replacement "guards" not really sure what they're called, similar to a tin plate, mounts behind the disc on the brakes, engine side.

mine are rusted to hell, beyond repair.

are they really needed, if so and they are no longer available? has anyone found an alternative that either fits straight on, or will do once modified.

my car is a 79 cav coupe.

sean999

I think the technical name is disk shield but most people call them a back plate. Having one in place is advisable since it does shield the disk from a big splash of rain water or a load of fine gravel or dust whilst driving, both are bad news on brakes. I doubt they are entirely essential or act as a spacer on the sub axle so I'm sure you can run without them especially seeing big brake conversions often don't have them unless part of a kit.

hi, yes i willl have them if you can hang on a bit, just got paid this month, but i've ended up paying out 300 quid towards a car for my son so skint now for the month, have some ot due in next months pay.

sean999

I have an excellent pair I can sell - just a little surface rust, quick rub down and paint and they will be perfecto.

£15 plus whatever the postage is? Not be very much they aren't heavy.

Carl :D