New To Club From Essex

Hi to everyone, I've just rejoined the club after an absence of about 15 years. But as I've just been given (yes given) a lovely original spec 1980 Manta B Coupe 2.0 Berlinetta, I felt it was time to rejoin. She is my forth Manta, previous history includes a 1976 1.9 SR Coupe, a 1980 2.0 Berlinetta Coupe, and an 86 GTE. I'd missed owning a Manta, so was dumbfounded when I found this chap on an obscure classic car sales website, that said he'd give it to a good home. It could do with a little touch up here and there, and the colour is not my first choice (Pistachio Green), but I think it'll be a lovely car once it's finished.

I will be at the Battlesbridge Classic Car show this Sunday 10th in it's first outing, looking forward to it.

Haven't managed to work out how to upload a picture yet?

Hi smiffy220 .

As Keith say's mate , photobucket's the easiest & user friendliest for your pic's ....... :thumbup

Bit of a result being given the coupe ... Glad for you ... :)

I read your Battlebridge post ( Sorry cannot make this one ) and read about the meet at the ' Dick Turpin ' :blink:

Ive never heard of this meet so would be glad to have some details about it . There is a meet planned for later this

month in the Waltham Abbey / Debden area of Essex and you would be more than welcome to pop along if you can .

15 years is a long time to be away from a Manta ..........

................. Bet you have that big-grin back on your 'boat' as soon as you fire it up :D:D:D

Welcome back home, Smiffy ......... :thumbup

Open up the reply box on this forum .... Open your photobucket account .......

find the pic you want to post .... place your mouse-pointer on pic ......... a drop

down box will show on the pic ..... go to the bottom option in the drop down box ...

img code ( I think ) it will say copied ( alternatively click and copy ) on photobucket ...

go back to your OMOC post and click paste = copy& paste .... your pic should be there in your post

Good Luck

hope this is clear & help's :thumbup

Hi, the show went well yesterday, and the car looked good in the sunshine! When is this local meet again, I think I last read it was the 30th May, but if it is I won't be able to come that day, sorry. I would like to attend some local meets this year, and see some other cars that probably look a lot better than mine, so please keep it updated on here and I'll check in every now and then.

I mentioned before about a meet at the Dick Turpin pub on the A127 which I think I had read in the Manta mag was taking place yesterday? Don't know if it did, but if there is ever another meet there I would try and make it!

• 1 month later...

Further to my previous posts, I took my car to see Simon P @ Suffolk County Mantas on Saturday, had a nice drive up there and after seeing Simon's excellent work, I'm looking forward to him setting about the roof and wing on my car. If it's done in time, which I'm not sure about as he's a busy chap, I might take it to the Battlesbridge Motorbilia Show on September 27th. Is anyone else in or around the South East likely to go to this?

I will add a post about the Motorbilia Show to the Public Events section sometime soon anyway.

hi smiffy 220 i went to the battlesbridge show and was thrilled to actually see a manta there . what a fine machine she is too i took some piccys of her. im in southend and was thinking of going to the battles bridge show in september.

i shall have a word with val entwisle , she is south east area rep maybe a few of us can go and show off our pride and joys.

hi smiffy 220 i went to the battlesbridge show and was thrilled to actually see a manta there . what a fine machine she is too i took some piccys of her. im in southend and was thinking of going to the battles bridge show in september.

i shall have a word with val entwisle , she is south east area rep maybe a few of us can go and show off our pride and joys.

Hi Paul, that would be good, let me know what she thinks, you can download all the entry forms online I believe. That was my car there in May, I had a nice day and enjoyed it's first outing. Sorry I missed you, I was rummaging round the auto jumble most of the day!!

Hi Paul, that would be good, let me know what she thinks, you can download all the entry forms online I believe. That was my car there in May, I had a nice day and enjoyed it's first outing. Sorry I missed you, I was rummaging round the auto jumble most of the day!!

hi,dave yes i will sak her ,prob the next time i shall see her will be at billing.

are you going to billing ? if so look forward to seeing you there ! paul

I'd love to go to Billing, but I'm out in London the night before, so don't think I'll be in a fit state to drive to Northampton the next morning, but will hopefully be going next year. And the car should be looking a bit better by then also hopefully.

I'll await to hear from you what Val thinks about Battlesbridge in September then? I'm hoping to make this, but again, will be celebrating my impending 40th the night before, so I'll have to go easy on the booze this time.

Cheers,

Dave