1979 Manta Looking For Good Home

Hi,

We have a silver Opel Manta Belinetta Coupe 2.0 which I believe is part of the "Silver 2". It was one of the first of its kind and came straight from the Motor Show and was registered on January 1st 1979.

She belonged to my Dad who died in September 2002 and was his pride and joy. We had to keep her, as we associate her with him. My Mum died last year and we are finding it very difficult to part with the Manta. While my Dad looked after her she was in pristine condition and she has only around 30 000 on the clock. However, she has sat in the garage since then and has deteriorated quite a bit.

My daughter and I are very sentimental about this Manta but we do not have the knowledge to bring her up to her former glory. We are going to have a model built of her, as a keepsake, but we feel that someone may be interested in taking her and maybe gradually bringer her back to the beauty she once was - she still is, in our opinion, only slightly faded.

We are in South of Scotland and we would like to hear from anyone who is interested.

Many thanks,

Linda and Jenny.

Hi,

We have a silver Opel Manta Belinetta Coupe 2.0 which I believe is part of the "Silver 2". It was one of the first of its kind and came straight from the Motor Show and was registered on January 1st 1979.

She belonged to my Dad who died in September 2002 and was his pride and joy. We had to keep her, as we associate her with him. My Mum died last year and we are finding it very difficult to part with the Manta. While my Dad looked after her she was in pristine condition and she has only around 30 000 on the clock. However, she has sat in the garage since then and has deteriorated quite a bit.

My daughter and I are very sentimental about this Manta but we do not have the knowledge to bring her up to her former glory. We are going to have a model built of her, as a keepsake, but we feel that someone may be interested in taking her and maybe gradually bringer her back to the beauty she once was - she still is, in our opinion, only slightly faded.

We are in South of Scotland and we would like to hear from anyone who is interested.

Many thanks,

Linda and Jenny.

Hi, do you have any pictures of her, that is one of my favourite models?

Off course its the car Rab, its the picture she sent you, and only taken yesterday after having it shifted to her home. Number plate is gone though, will have an age related one now I suspect.

Cheers,Colin.

BTW. I thought it may have been a 'silver' coupe as well by previous description given.

Hi Colin, got thi piccy before piccys came from Linda so wiz guessin!! hope in it wisnae as lookin fur it tae bi awe coupe :(

Rab,

Maybe's you'll have a chance to look-in and give it the onceover when your down that way at the w/end? It would be usefull to have your opinion on it.

I can see it not having the appeal of a 1.8 so then less chance of it being broken-up for its parts tho', and some, like yourself as you say will rue it being a hatch rather than the more desirable coupe.

Cheers, Colin.

I would like this :thumbup At least it would not be broken or modified. Wonder how much it's going for. I have 5 ltrs of Astro silver and laquer just waiting for a project.

I am right thinking it is finished in Astro Silver/

Seams to be a good bit of interest in the car as also featured on other web sites. Have given all details and pics to another Scottish member to ponder over. But yup deserves a good home.

rab.

Yes definitely interested in this car. Nice little project, it will be in the club and possibly at Billing if I get it. Untouched but Mot'ed, then come Oct into the garage for the work to be carried out :thumbup How much is the car up for sale for? hopefully it will be within my budget.

As Rab says, our beloved Manta has now found an excellent home. I would like to thank everyone who was interested - either in taking her, giving advice and support, or both. You have all been fantastic and made the whole experience enjoyable. I am certain that she has found the "right" person, and I look forward to keeping up with her progress and seeing her restored to her former glory! She is already enjoying the attention! :P

A very Lucky Person who ends up with "Miss Merlin" I believe that's her name. Hopefully the new guardian will keep us all informed on her progress back to full health and back onto the road. Hope to see her at Billing :thumbup

Wasn't there something magical about Merlin?

Thats me :thumbup:thumbup I was going to keep her a secret until 1900SR (Steve Grundy) and I collect Miss Merlin this Saturday. We are going to takes some pictures and find out in detail the cars history. Linda has given her blessing on an article for the Manta Magic magazine. My intention is to put her back to her former glory and keep her as she is standard With no modifications. My car collection do have a nice life here in Lincolnshire, they never get wet, and are all in a de-humidified garage, the door stays shut from Nov 1st to April 1st. Cannot help the way I am but each to their own.

I personally do not modify cars but I do appriciated the skill & expertise that some of you Manta people build into your modifed Mantas so please excuse me if I look after this Manta and keep her as Linda's father wanted.

What's it like driving a Automatic CIH Manta?