Mk1 Cav/manta Front Calipers

mattguttmann

Hey everyone,

Recently upgraded the engine in my chevette and unfortunately the brakes are awful. The Mk1 Cavalier/ Manta front calipers are a direct fit and slightly beefier. Just wondering if anyone would have any for sale?

Cheers

Matt

hey matt, i will have some in the next week or so, just tryin to sort out tryin to get the manta i bought to the house!!!!!! john..

As a second option I do have some advertised in parts for sale http://forums.mantac...h-sporty-stuff/ and I am willing to sell the calipers separate from the discs to make it postable.

Cheers for the reply, Unfortunately I need the calipers from a Manta A or Mk1 Cav as these are a direct fit. Correct me if I'm wrong but I have been told the Manta B calipers differ.

Thanks

Matt

the early b series & early mark 1 cavs both shared the same twinpot calipers either ate or girling were used , so will be fine , the later manta's came with godawfull sliding calipers

which are single piston jobbies

HTH :D

Hi guys,

So it's the 2 pot calipers I need? I have heard they are a direct fit onto the chevette discs but just have a larger pad. Being 2 pots they probably perform much better too.

Could anyone just post on here when some come available please? :)

Thanks a lot

Matt

As a second option I do have some advertised in parts for sale http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/23496-manta-twin-piston-calipers-with-sporty-stuff/ and I am willing to sell the calipers separate from the discs to make it postable.

Hi guys,

So it's the 2 pot calipers I need? I have heard they are a direct fit onto the chevette discs but just have a larger pad. Being 2 pots they probably perform much better too.

Could anyone just post on here when some come available please? :)

Thanks a lot

Matt

Rick already did reply offering exactly the calipers you need if you had been paying attention.And yes they are an improvement over the sliding(or not) calipers you already have.

Cheers, Colin.

If you want really decent brakes do what the Manta guys do ...........A or B series both fit, use the 16v Calipers ie astra or 2.0l diesel vestra brakes (all the same caliper) and get a set of audi modified brake discs.

Cheers for the info. I had been paying attention but the calipers the guy was selling are out of my price range. I just want a cheap brake upgrade that will work better than standard. I do not race the car or anything so do not really want to spend lots.

Matt

:(

You won't get the 2 pot brake calipers that cheap and they're far from racing spec. Mine are advertised with new sports disks and a new braided hose set hence the price. To be honest, they're only marginally better than the later sliders, it's just handy to be able to leave your car parked for a couple of weeks knowing that the brakes haven't seized up. Robbie's suggestion of the 16v calipers is probably your best bet as they're scrap yard value and common, I also have these fitted to my hatch and the difference in braking performance is very noticeable.

Ok then, I'll just keep with the standard for now and save up for the 16v brakes. Are these the calipers that I would need?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-MK3-BRAKE-CALIPERS-1-7TD-WILL-FIT-OTHERS_W0QQitemZ280389821868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item41488925ac&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Cheers