Carlton 2.2L Front Brake Calipers

The General

dont want to piss on anyones sale but they are £53 each on ebay buy it now for refurbished ones unsure.gif .

LOL ! well thanks for all the offers, but i think you would all have to agree that i would be mad to buy second hand when recon ones are available at that price. By the way, there are a selection on ebay at the moment, could someone please point me to the correct ones for the job

Regards and thanks to all that have posted

have had a look on ebay. there are some listed but the pictures arnt of the actual items .make sure you specify the correct type if you contact them. they need to be for the 2.2 year 1985-86. they are a single piston type with a SPRING LOADED slider frame. make sure you dont end up with the sliding barrel sleeve type ! although the brake pads are the same.

have had a look on ebay. there are some listed but the pictures arnt of the actual items .make sure you specify the correct type if you contact them. they need to be for the 2.2 year 1985-86. they are a single piston type with a SPRING LOADED slider frame. make sure you dont end up with the sliding barrel sleeve type ! although the brake pads are the same.

I guess buying 2nd hand from members has it's benifits, at least you know when they tell you they're Carlton Vented calipers that's they're going to be :) If they turn out to be correct and available at that price, i think i'll pick up some spair sets.

I guess buying 2nd hand from members has it's benifits, at least you know when they tell you they're Carlton Vented calipers that's they're going to be smile.gif If they turn out to be correct and available at that price, i think i'll pick up some spair sets.

C.I.H, like GT2400 said above ! Dig them out and have a look at them ! Im not full of cash at the moment with a wife and four rug rats, but id rather help someone else keep another classic on the road than fill the pockets of a parts supplier. as long as they are servicable and complete i will be happy rolleyes.gif !

Edited by The General

hi there. if you can pick up the recon ones at that price that would be best for both of us. you get a pair ready to fit straight on & i get to keep mine in case i need them. what i can do is email you a picture of my calipers so you can be sure what they look like if you want ?if you do want mine however.the calipers are ok but would reccomend a seal kit.i got mine from PAST PARTS LTD.

i will have another look at the ebay ones to see if i can find the right ones ! regards chris

hi .me again !!! just had a look on ebay. the caliper listed as being correct .TCA855 & TCA856.shows a picture of a caliper only (ie it isnt fitted to its slide bracket. hence nothing there to bolt it onto car with !)might be worth a message to them as it looks correct to mine & they may have the bracket & spring in its box ?????