Manta Berlinetta 2.0 E, 1982.

Lundgren_85

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I have pulled all the bushes out from the front suspention. Next weekend I'm planning to sandblast and paint it if the weather allows me too.

I also modified the getrag 5 speed to fit the 4 speed shifter hole. By shortening the shifter mounts and push rod with 6".

The 5 speed before modding.

IMAG0255.jpg

The 4 speed that I used measurements from.

IMAG0256.jpg

The final result. Looks wrong but it all adds up with the body and gearbox mountings.

IMAG0258.jpg

Will sandblast and paint it next weekend as well. Hoping that my brother will join me with his oldsmobile parts. If the time is on my side I'm also blasting the rims, steering rack and flywheel.

When I took the tires of I found out that the spare was made May 1979! And it held air, 2.5 bar. And I haven't filled it ever. So it has held the air since at least 2001.

• 1 month later...

Got some outdoor work done yesterday. Took the remaining parts of the dashboard out. IMAG0283.jpgIMAG0284.jpg

My wife helped me to remove the gastank. Found out why it has been smelling petrol in the car, all the went hoses where cracked. Just crumbled to pieces when I took on them.

Think I will take the wireing out too now when it's exposed and easy access. Just to check it for cracks and dry insulation.

Edited by Lundgren_85

Took the wireing out too. Found a few cracks in the insulation and it was very stiff. Will take it to my work and redraw all cables so It's fresh when I put it in again. No idea to take the risk when I can fix it now and be sure of the funktion later. IMAG0285.jpg

Took some of the interior parts with me home for cleaning. Cleaned the door sides and the bottom of the rear seat. IMAG0288.jpgIMAG0294.jpgIMAG0291.jpg

Edited by Lundgren_85

Thanx. I've noticed that when I was looking after the centerconsole. Took two years before I found one on a fleemarket.

Done some work on the dash at hobbynight at work. The fastenings on the defrostermunstyckena outlets were bysted. Made two fingerclamps to replace the missing plastic.

And made a frame to the speakers in the center of the dash. Thought the original mountings where a bit weak for modern heavier speakers.

The whole dash cleaned and polished.

IMAG0296.jpgIMAG0299.jpgIMAG0302.jpg

Both ears on the defroster outlets where broken.

IMAG0304.jpgIMAG0303.jpg

And the speaker support.

IMAG0305.jpg

If my wife don't give birth to my new kid tomorrow I will take on the meters and gauges tomorrow night.

Edited by Lundgren_85
  • Like 1

Thanx for the cheering words. The manta is going to look like it's rolled of the line yesterday when I'm finnished. Thats my goal.

Started to pack the dash for storage this evening. Found a few places I missed to clean. Around the fresh air vents among other tight corners.

Between diaper changes and napings I got some polishing on some Manta parts done. This time it's the license plate light that got the treatment of autosol and polish. IMAG0363.jpgIMAG0369.jpg

I'm quite happy with the resulte of one hour work. IMAG0373.jpg Maybe overdue to polish the inside of the cap but what the hell, it's done now. IMAG0376.jpg ready for close inspections.

More to come tomorrow hopefully...

Edited by Lundgren_85

• 2 weeks later...

Rust repairs on the schedule this weekend. Drivers side door got the treatment of cuting and sandblasting. IMAG0394.jpgIMAG0395.jpgIMAG0396.jpgIMAG0397.jpg

Wasn't to bad but not good.

IMAG0403.jpgIMAG0400.jpg

Had to take out a 3" piece to get rid of the rust. Made a fals and primed the bare metal. Welding next weekend and passenger door.

Edited by Lundgren_85