Breaking Manta Hatchback/charity Fund Raiser.

Sutty2006

I have had donated to me a 1987 manta berlinetta hatchback.

I intend on using everything from the rear of the door, back. So everything forward of the doors will be of little use to me. There isnt much left of it really. The doors and front springs are spoken for, bonnet, wings, bumper, windscreen, dashboard, seats, headlights, engine, gearbox are all gone. BUT if anyone wants any areas cutting off, or other parts then I will get the grinder out.

I will be asking for offers on any parts taken. I intend on giving EVERY LAST PENNY i make on breaking (whats left of)this Manta to the Douglas MacMillan Hospice charity. My Nan passed away in there after a short battle with cancer and its hit me like a freight train. :(

tina.jpg

Thank you.

Have had a look tonite at what might be useable..

Dashboard top present and ok

steering column minus stalk

rear interior carpet

steering rack

sunroof assembly

front axle minus springs

front cross member

side skirts

front panel

heater box

bonet latch + cable

Hi

Sorry to hear about your Gran. I am looking for some parts for my Manta and wonder whether if you can help me.

I am after the fuel pressure regulator if its available.

Kind regards

Richard

Hi

Sorry to hear about your Gran. I am looking for some parts for my Manta and wonder whether if you can help me.

I am after the fuel pressure regulator if its available.

Kind regards

Richard

Damn you rick! Was tryin me best to keep it secret hahaha.

Sorry! :lol: Will it be bright red and be towed by your very nice 1.8 hatch? I'll look forward to seeing it, that white Monza and trailer that used to do the rounds at shows a few years ago looked really class so in Manta guise will be really smart. Will you be doing a project page?

I think it's rather sad how hospice wards and centres aren't actually funded by our national insurance contributions, I know we're in a pickle at the moment but they never have been and it makes you wonder how mis-managed it must be, when plenty of essential cancer and terminal illness services (as well as research) is left to charitable funding?!

Hi Sutty,

What I could do with if it's still there and not perished is the rubber seal that runs along the top of the door - where the glass pops under to seal as the door's closed; is that still available please?

Best regards

Stuart

Edited by 74009

Richard - car was an 1800 so doesn't have fuel regulator, however I'll have a look in my parts bin for you.

Rick, yep you got it. Hit the nail on the head! Just got to work out how to fill the gap when its cut.

Stuart - got both sides, which do you need?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So far £80 raised for the Douglas Macmillan hospice. Havent got much left now apart from front axle, fuel tank and a few odds n sods. I will be fully restoring the front axle to go on my B series, then sell on the B series front axle.

:)