Manta 400 Bodykit Wanted

cobweb

A good friend of mine in the west midlands does manta 400 kits from the ORIGINAL irmscher moulds, and for price and quality cannot be beaten, im sure he does not do any carbon fiber stuff though, but there is a discount when you mention my username, and if there were to be 2 orders, im sure there will be a further discount, last time i spoke with him he was going to be doing rear bumpers and also "infillpanels" as well, pm me if your interested, and i'll pass on his details as he is not on the internet at the moment.

Hi Lepo,

Was it ever established whether these kits are made from the original Irmscher's moulds or a mould made from an original Imrscher kit?

I know there was a discussion about it a while ago but can't find it or remember if there was ever an answer.

It's interesting if they are the original moulds made and used by Irmscher as they must be a real piece of Manta history/memorabilia.

Dan

Hi Lepo,

Was it ever established whether these kits are made from the original Irmscher's moulds or a mould made from an original Imrscher kit?

I know there was a discussion about it a while ago but can't find it or remember if there was ever an answer.

It's interesting if they are the original moulds made and used by Irmscher as they must be a real piece of Manta history/memorabilia.

Dan

I thought that this was made clear the last time that these kits are made from the ORIGINAL IRMSCHER MOULDS not cheap/nasty copies these are the real ORIGINAL IRMSCHER MOULDS, for price and quality they will not be beaten.

Well done to your mate for putting the time and presumably a lot of cash into getting hold of them. Didn't mean to prompt the CAPS LOCK.

I remember someone telling me years ago about being offer the Irmscher moulds but I think the seller was asking a lot for them.

Dan

the rallytech ones are made from moulds made off mantadocs original irmscher 400 kit he has in his possesion. very good quality and can be made in carbon/kevlar even fibreglass. one person did slag off rallytech ones but the 10 kits went to ireland where no complains where made.

The kits lepo5 mentions are also ment to be the dogs do dahs. take your pick.

Edited by rutts

the rallytech ones are made from moulds made off mantadocs original irmscher 400 kit he has in his possesion. very good quality and can be made in carbon or kevlar even fibreglass. one person did slag allytech ones but the 10 kits that went to ireland where no complains where made. the kits lepo5 mentions are also ment to be the dogs do dahs. take your pick.

As Rutts said, these are made from ripple free panels AND moulds do age so if the others are the original moulds I am impressed they have made their way to the UK and are in excellent condition after 28+ years.

These are not 100% perfect, and I haven't seen the other kits mentioned above, but I have seen quite a few kits and these are the best I have seen.

Plus I like to get a plug in for a local company that have been keeping us in parts for 15 or 20 years. I look at it like this, I want to know where there is someone in business to get a replacement panel from if someone runs into my car in 5 or 10 years time.

smith and deakin do a 400 kit also but fitting is a bit of work i am told ideal for rallycars never the less. <_<

rallytech kit is a £1100 if i remember correctly. :o

other irmscher kit is around £900. :mellow:

take your pick ;)

smith and deakin do a 400 kit also but fitting is a bit of work i am told ideal for rallycars never the less. <_<

rallytech kit is a £1100 if i remember correctly. :o

other irmscher kit is around £900. :mellow:

take your pick ;)

Interesting price options there, i know for sure that martin's kits are a lot cheaper than the ones quoted above.

not a problem, martins number is (pm me for the number) remember to mention my username and there will be a discount for you for doing so, and anyone else wishing to buy a kit etc.

Edited by lepo5

dont wish to rock the boat but i would take the number off and pm it to him. last time i put a number on here i was bombarded with bollock calls. if he is your mate he might not be later on if it happens to him also :o

dont wish to rock the boat but i would take the number off and pm it to him. last time i put a number on here i was bombarded with bollock calls. if he is your mate he might not be later on if it happens to him also :o

cheers andy i have edited the post.