Cavalier Mk1

Paul Barrett

selling this recent purchase as i can now get a mortgage but need as much funding as i can lay my hands, so unfortunately the cav has to go, done most of the work mick said was needed to get through an MOT some still to do but all easy as, i want it to go to a good home and not be broken up for parts or else id rather keep it, will only be listing it on here initially to see if any memebers are interested etc. will need trailering but does drive fine

cut and pastes from micks original add which hasnt changed

MK1 Cavalier 2000 GL Manual 5 speed (SRi130 engine) £1000

Just north of Lincoln

1978 T reg

No Tax or Test (Mid build)

Mileage unknown but engine has 75K on

MK1 Cavalier with SRi130 (SEH) Engine running on injection, Manta 1.8 5 speed box and rear axle, Brembo Calipers on Carlton vented discs with braided hoses.

Lowered 60mm on Jamex springs with Spax adjustables, E30 alloys with new 205/50 15 V rated rubber. Astra SXi interior, complete with all parts to finish and spares. Very quick for an old Cav, needs finishing mainly fit roof lining, dash electrics and fit interior properly, few bits of nif naf and last bits and its done.

Needs no welding or paint, 2 bubbles coming through on one arch. Was resprayed in Porsche Guards Red (not orange as it looks) with new Vinyl roof.

mini build thread here http://forums.mantac...s-mk1-cavalier/

i have put on another brembo caliper which is black but doesnt leak,

replaced the interior which needs finishing with a mk1 astra GTE in excellent condition, prob too good to put in a cav dare i say!

10102010081.jpg?t=1287436658

07112010094.jpg?t=1289171665

Photo0102.jpg

£1300

basically no profit at all just what ive sheeld out so far

Edited by novashed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im definitly getting this now. Deposit paid and collection arranged for the 7th of Jan, Im counting the days....

Scott

Hi Scott,

How are you getting this up the road?

If you are driving then pop by and lets have a look see.

I live just a couple of miles south of Queensferry so not to far to the M90 or are you heading up the A9 to Perth then over to the M90, if not then I could meet you somewhere nearby.

If you can then there will be tea for you and we can get some pics of 2 red cavvys together.

Ta,

Deano.

Edited by deanosabby

Deano, Im going down on friday to pick it up. Im heading up through the night and will probably be passing in the middle of the night...

Not to worry though, itll be on the road soon enough, Im sure we can catch up at some point! Would be great to get the Cavvys together! :thumbup

Ill start a thread on here and post a few pics when I get back.

Scott