Wheel Fitment?

DillV8

7 inch with ET of 25 is perfect for the manta B ,C hence 8 inch with 15 ET is also perfect as it puts the outside of the wheel in the same position +2.5mm . B series can get away with less of an ET as the wheel sits higher than the A series. IE a 7 inch wheel with 20 et on an A series will scobe the arches but fine on a B. Also depends on the profile of your tyre and the particular tyre choice. Go with Toyo proxies or equivalent and you wont have an issue 15 inch on 50 profile dont use 60 profile.

Edited by Robbie

Paul,

It's luke..... The Ascona has 7x15 et15 wheels and there is plenty of room left so 8's shouldn't be a problem. 225/50's sound a bit excessive though ! Is it 4 wheel drive?????????

I'd use 195/50 15s or maybe 195/45 like mine but 45's might be a bit of a stretch on your 8's. Anyway, I thought you had forgot about your coupe . Good to see you are back on the right bus.

Have you still got that chopped up Exclusive up at the farm? A mate needs a rear strut turret for a Cavalier coupe and asked me earlier today if I knew anyone with a scrap shell he could cut one out of.

I came to see you at Eccleshall Rd on Christmas eve and they said you were at Charlie Browns now. I'll catch up with you soon.....Luke

195 is a bit narrow for an 8" wide rim, unless your looking for stretch as a lot of the euro look cars have

8_195_50_R15_Admiral_595.jpg

This is a 195/50*15 on an 8" rim as found on www.tyrestretch.com

I'd be having either 215 or 225 tyres i think

It does change a bit with different tyres as they are all slightly different widths on a given size

I have different makes of 195/45x16 on a set of 7" rims and one has straight sidewalls and the others are leant in a bit :unsure:

haha, that's my mates Audi 80 there.

IIRC bamboo16V(??) had a set of Borbet A's on his std arched manta and they're 9x16 ET15 so 8x15's should be fine :thumbup

I would personally go a bit narrower that 225 but it's all down to how you want it to look definitely think about dropping the aspect ratio to 45 though

Definitly don't want the stretched euro look.I thought the right width would be a 225 on an 8" rim.The 225/45's have a slightly smaller rolling circumference than the standard 195/60x14's & the 225/50's have a slightly larger one but of the differences the 225/50's are closer.

What I'm thinking of doing is getting hold of some part worns to see what it looks like,if it looks stupid at least I've not blown a wad on 4new tyres.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Would anyone know if a 7Jx15 et13 rims would go on standard Manta a ,tyre 195/55x15?

Marius,

My mate had 7x15 rims with an offset of ET20 and 195/50 15 tyres and they were very close to his rear arches. I don't think you would fit the 55 profile tyres in, especially if your car is lowered. If you want to stick with some nice wheels that you already have try 195/45 15 tyres. They might give you a bit more room. The lower rolling radius will also lower your car's gearing and make it accelerate quicker......... Luke.

Thanks for replay,

A friend of mine has this type of rims and he make me an offer ...

I have bought some new tires (195/55x15) last year and I'm now looking for a set of oldscoll rims .

What is the range of offset the manta a would accept for this type of tire?

Cheers