Manta B Exclusive Brakes

BoXXerRACE

hi everyone, with spring aproaching, i'm looking for a new set of front disks and calipers for my manta since the the ones currently mounted to the car are a horrible miss match of old vectra callipers and scrapyard rotors installed by the previous owner. i discovered this during my last MOT, the mechanic i use and his local vauxhall rep have been searching for some originals but there having no luck so i'd like to know if there's any aftermarket kits available. i'm not looking for anything fancy just new replacements, i'm also looking for a replacement rocker cover, gasket and bolts. cheers.

Ring brakes international they will sort you out with all new original stuff :thumbup

edit, i'm not surprised the vaux rep can't get brakes as they often don't know their a@@e from their elbow.

http://www.brakesint.co.uk/

£90 pair of Delco Calipers

£33 set of discs

£20 set of pads all plus the dreaded VAT

Edited by dog321fish

Ring brakes international they will sort you out with all new original stuff :thumbup

edit, i'm not surprised the vaux rep can't get brakes as they often don't know their a@@e from their elbow.

http://www.brakesint.co.uk/

£90 pair of Delco Calipers

£33 set of discs

£20 set of pads all plus the dreaded VAT

Can't quibble at those prices, I've used "brakes.int" myself on many occaisions.

But fit all this lot above and expect to see your braking performance deteriorate over time, up to the point where the slides have seized in the new calipers and you hardly have any braking whatsoever.......

Original calipers were possibly responsible for sending more Manta's to the breakers than anything else.

I strip mine down before the mot and again after about 3-4 months, run the car for 6 months a year then strip the brakes when it comes out of storage again for its next mot!

it is a pain, but it is not a big job. You will know when it is seized as the wheel will get really hot and the car will pull to one side when you brake!!

10mm allen key required or better still http://cgi.ebay.co.u...T-/250760701785 and a torque wrench.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by dog321fish

lol modified audi disks? i think not, the vectra calipers are too close to the disks to fit the origional vented rotors (* i say rotors because in the world of push bikes disks are called rotors), so the previous owner has fitted smaller, skinnier, solid rotors which only make contact with 70% of the pad, and the left hand caliper has started to seize and causes alot of brown trouser moments when i press the brake and change lanes. thanks for www.brakesint.co.uk guys, thats cheaper than i thought. any ideas where i can get a rocker cover, gasket and bolts? its the 2 liter. cheers

other option not mentioned is to retro fit the twin pot calipers as fitted to early b series, much better braking. fits with standard discs so fairly simple.

if you want standard may as well go for the better ones :blink: