Xe On Megajolt, Tps Or Map?

MadManx

Hi folks,

Forward planing here, going to ditch the dizzy on the XE when it goes in and go Megajolt to run the ignition.

The engine will be on bike carbs with a Bog Bros manifold.

Just wondered what people were running there megajolt systems with a Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) or a Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) for the load reading?

By the looks of things most engines running bike carbs go for a TPS set up.

Cheers,

John

ive got a 20seh on bogg carbs

mega jolt seemed a pretty expensive option with some fitting grief im sure , but very good tho , the idea of programming your spark timing is appealing ,

but having to use ford module, coil ,leads and weld in a trigger wheel to your crank pulley, create and mount the sensor in the right place, and the wiring all seemed a bit iffy to me so...

i went down the H+H ignition solutions route , and had my standard 18s belt drive dizzy modified for a mere £35 or so . and it really did make a good improvement .

the 20seh and probably the xe's already have a trigger wheel for a crank sensor inside the block .it would be nice to use that and the standard vauxhall sensor with the megajolt kit. i dont think its compatible due to the number of teeth it has ....maybee someone here knows if this can be done that way ???