C20Xe Sump Pan

durdzz-suzuki-redtop

hi my sump on my jeep is bang in the way of my new diff, somesone mentioned that you can mayb fit a carlton sup as its at the other side of the engine, so in my sj it would be at the front and out the way. there steel as well which is more like it as this sumps got a crack accross one of the bolt holes.

if someone could tell me exactly what sump i need id appricaite it, cheers mike.

the c20xe and the later x20xe(ecotec) all have the same sump bolt pattern. However the later pans use 8mm not 6mm fastners but you sould get away with that for your conversion.

the manta 1.8 sump is also the same pattern as above!

Edited by upk

Iv got the c20 xe sump and I'd imagine the ecotec one will be in the same place. And run the risk of fouling on my diff. Il post some pics later so give you a better understanding. Iv found yukspeed and they do steel diy sump kits so I might buy the flange and the important bits and make my own.

Is there any limitations to where the bowl is or pickup pipe if I was to build my own?

• 11 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have a Carlton dipstick and dipstick tube available? My son has just bought a Hillman Avenger with a c20xe partially installed. the engine has a Carlton sump fitted to clear the crossmember.

received_1117380418837906.jpeg

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone have a Carlton dipstick and dipstick tube available? My son has just bought a Hillman Avenger with a c20xe partially installed. the engine has a Carlton sump fitted to clear the crossmember.

received_1117380418837906.jpeg

Rarer than manta dipsticks them!