2.0Inj Missfire

gsi marc

Hi just thought i,d ask to see if anyone else had sufferd the same problem i,m having. Finally got round to firing up my manta 2.0inj today but its got a nasty misfire at low revs seems to go away once it picks up, When accelerating its flat at first and blows back through filter, Ive checked timing, firing order, Even compression which is 160 throughout, found a small split in vacum pipe so blanked that off at plenium but the problems still there, Could this be faulty injectors has the plugs became black when i rechecked them, Any ideas,,, thanks marc :(

Hi just thought i,d ask to see if anyone else had sufferd the same problem i,m having. Finally got round to firing up my manta 2.0inj today but its got a nasty misfire at low revs seems to go away once it picks up, When accelerating its flat at first and blows back through filter, Ive checked timing, firing order, Even compression which is 160 throughout, found a small split in vacum pipe so blanked that off at plenium but the problems still there, Could this be faulty injectors has the plugs became black when i rechecked them, Any ideas,,, thanks marc :(

Possibly time for a compression test, I've seen these symptoms with a gasket failure between two cylinders.

Cheers

D

just a thought but try moving the plenum chamber when at idle , ive known the nuts back off on the studs if they werent tight enough in the first place , makes it idle like a sack o crap then hesitate on acceleration before it starts to pull.

Thanks for the reply guys, It was doing my nut in yesterday 8 hours and could'nt cure it. so i stripped out the injectors and cleaned them by connecting them to 12volts with some wire a push button switch and blasting them through with the compressor and some clean petrol No3 was only spraying 1 fine jet as the other 3 were spraying 4 fine jets so i back flushed the dodgy injector and finally managed to clear it, Refitted them with new seals and yes it runs perfect, revs like a good un :):):) Good old u tube for the diy injector cleaner :thumbup

Quick update, Arrived home from work and the bugger refused to start from cold so i gave it a quick shot of easy start and it fired straight up so got to suss that one out now. Does anyone have any ideas what to check, Thanks ,,,,,marc :unsure:

try the cold start valve on the back of the plenum

:)

Disconnect cold start injector.

Random suggestion of the week ;)

That;s two people said that now without telling you how to do a proper test of the thermo-time switch so get your manual of choice out and start checking everything in a methodical manner.

Random suggestions without "How to tell" info are impossible to distinguish from low value guesses.

This link may well be helpful

Thanks for the quick replies , at least i know where to start now, Never worked on injection systems before so its a bit of a learning curve for me. Thanks for the link too Mantadoc it looks like i can use that for help. Probably be the weekend before i get round to sorting it so engine should be cold enough by then, plus It will stop the wife packing her bags if i leave it alone for a few days :lol: Thanks again {marc}:thumbup