New Exhaust

BoXXerRACE

My radio won't turn up any louder to cover the sound of my dying exhaust. The noise when i'm driving is great but the rattle when it's idling isn't, its totaly knackered and a new one is required.

I've done some shopping around online and found This one.

But i'd like your opinions and recomendations please, as you alway steer me in the right direction, cheers. (87 2.0 exclusive hatch)

You can get one from jetex direct. Most likely made to order. Where I got mine from, but if I were to get another exhaust, I'd find somewhere to do a custom stainless one. (not that jetex are bad at all. pretty good as far as I can tell but mild steel dont last!)

Must say I had an Ashley mild steel exhaust on my old red B and it lasted years, and was still onthe car when I sold it a good 5-6 years after fitting, Mild steel exhausts are ok if running the car on a regular basis, as it is the Water that is formed during combustion that settles in the system and sits there when not being run that stuffs them up

My radio won't turn up any louder to cover the sound of my dying exhaust. The noise when i'm driving is great but the rattle when it's idling isn't, its totaly knackered and a new one is required.

I've done some shopping around online and found This one.

But i'd like your opinions and recomendations please, as you alway steer me in the right direction, cheers. (87 2.0 exclusive hatch)

BoxxerRace,

Have you seen Retropower's Stainless systems? They look like a bargain to me. .Luke.

Sportex are Ashley systems but with a large 3" rolled stainless tailpipe, rather than the plain steel one in 2" (like the rest of the system)

I've had several ashley and sportex systems on manta's and they're not bad, used them on my road rally cars and they took the abuse well.

They can sometimes take a bit of fettling to get them to fit and clear everywhere.

But they are a cheap exhaust and i take that as part of the price i pay.

Personally i like the noise they give a Manta, bit more fruity than a standard one but not excessivly loud, for the price i doubt you'll do better

Oh and if you do want one Rallydesign have them for £166.98 +vat and delivery which totals to £211.77 all in LOOK HERE which is £36 less than your original link :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's on and it sounds amazing! I also found a huge dent in the old one, almost folding it shut, must have been from before i got the car and put the new suspension on (lifting it off the bump stops). With any luck she'll be a whole new car when i take her out, just waiting for a new clutch cable :@