Manta Gte Engine Wanted, Leicester Area

Retro Power

Can't find a cheap one close by! It's to go in a Bedford cf car transporter, so I am not overly fussed whether it's a 2.0, 2.2 or 2.4, of which 2.2 are now like hens teeth, 2.4 seem pretty common but all miles away, and 2.0 plentiful! Annoyingly we sold two, with gearboxes, a few months ago, for very little money, as we thought we wouldn't need them!!

You know what Nat, i've always seen this day coming, the amount of damn good engines, I've had to bin over the years, 1 of which was a really good engine, and when I stripped it down in order to throw it in skips at work bit by bit, the internals were all as new on a 100k engine (had a serious rebuild at some point) yet couldn't give the damn things away.

Retro Power, you dont need a 2.0 - 2.4 petrol, you need the Opel 2.3 diesel engine, it has epic 'slogging' power.

my (currently under heavy repaIr) Bedford CF 350D recovery truck has this engine, the torque it has is unreal, and as a result its good on fuel, one journey back from Cornwall, over the moors etc with car full of spares on the back (probably four and half tons all up) it averaged 25 mpg! never,ever would you get this from a vehicle towing a trailer and doubt if it would possible with a petrol engine in a Bedford.

Get onto the websit 'Bedford CF-UK' you might be able able to find what your looking for. link (i hope!)

http://www.bedfordcf.co.uk/main.htm

otherwise on Flea-bay there is a man in Wolverhampton who deals in Bedford spares, he says he has engines, link (again,i hope!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEDFORD-CF2-PARTS-CAMPER-/270893391676?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3f12811f3c

have got a photo of your beddy you can post,love to see another recovery truck.

Did wonder about a frontera 2.3 diesel. Had a non turbo one in a swb cf years ago and it was gutless, but maybe the turbo is a lot better, never tried one! Will have a look. Basically it will be whatever turns up first and cheapest! The truck owes me 350 quid and doesn't really need any significant welding. Aim is to have it on the road in the next month or so spending as little over 500 quid as possible! It was on the road until October last year when the bottom end went bang.