Hi :)

mint

I suppose I should stop sneaking round the for sale section leaching any parts I can get my hands on and introduce myself :ph34r::lol: My name's John, I'm 31 and from Chippenham, Wilts. I've owned a Chevette since 2003 and have run the website over at the Chevette Owners Group for almost as long. More recently I picked up a rust bucket mk1 Cav coupe for £100 locally and after my girlfriend was nearly in tears at the thought of getting rid of it when most of it turned to dust we've now made it our mission to get the thing roadworthy. :thumbup

Gotta say I admire your bravery! Looks like a fair job you've got there.

I'm free Thursday if you wanted to come and grab that petrol gauge, but after looking at the pictures of your car I'm starting to wonder is it a GL model? Because I thought all Cav coupes were meant to have the chin spoiler at the front and Rostyle wheels instead of the 1300 type with the big chrome hubcaps. If it is a GL then it probably has the 3 dial dash, all the ones I've got are the 6 dial ones. Has yours got a rev counter?

Also, if they're any interest to you I've got an excellent set of those chrome hubcaps, as well as lots of Rostyles if you wanted to change the wheels.

She`s a nice project pal , looks nice ;) ,

think i'll get my bird a boiler suit lol she might help me then lol

I go to the garage to work on my projects to get away from my girlfriend, ha

Best of luck with her ,

Kev

lol Cheers guys. Bear in mind that the last time we were working on it Hannah was disassembling the instrument panel and a spider, who had been happily dozing somewhere inside the dashboard, popped out to ask her if she wouldn't mind keeping the noise down a bit. She phoned her dad to pick her up and hasn't been near the car since :rolleyes: