Shorter Shocks?

mantaboy89

Got a bit of trouble with my suspension setup on my cav, have lowered it by 60mm so it is pretty low, I have also fitted spax adjustable shocks to it but the front ones are too long and I only have an inch travel on them, so when driving over bumps there's not enough travel and its essentially bottoming out

Has anyone had this problem and what shocks can i use inatead?

Are you sure the rubber stops haven't dropped out of the middle of the cones at th etop of the front springs?

Or have you shortened the bumpstops?

Without shortened or missing bumpstops standard length shocks should never run out of travel. Lowered cars will often sit on the bump stops or have a banging or bottoming on one or more sides if they are missing.

Definaty not the wrong shocks fitted, and springs are the correct ones, but only have just over an inch travel on the shocks. This is causing a loud bang when hitting bumps n ruts as the shock reaches its lowest compression stops the spring dead and is starting to annoy now.