Opel Manta Gt/e With Only 44,000 Miles On The Clock

be carefull jack, you don't want to announce that your going to rob a bank on here the police would have a field day. :lol:

On a serious note thats a very nice car and not a bad price its just as shame someone would probably have to travel a fair distance.

I'm going to decide as well if there is a Manta I want in particular for my first one. I always wanted a GT/E Exclusive Coupe because they remind me of my godfathers long line of Mantas but I like them all. Could get that white Hatchback shipped over?

No idea on ferry prices but they are certainly available. Get yourself a cheap flight to the island and maybe drive the car back?

Wondered whether or not they put salt on the roads in Jersey - what with the weather being so much milder down there, the metalwork on that car may have survived better than others of that age.

To add, I don't know the seller or the car, just saw that ad on Farcebook and thought it was worth sharing here.

My white Manta came from Guernsey last year.

Here are a few of the problems you may encounter

1. If the car was sold & registered in Jersey from new then when you re-import it over to the mainland you will have to pay HM customs & Excise 20% Vat which will add £300 to the £1500 asking price.

2. Once you get the car over you have to register it with the DVLA this costs £55 plus at least six months road tax, you can only do this once the car has an MOT & Insurance

DVLA will only issue an age related plate e.g. B or C reg if you can prove the age of the vehicle by supplying the Jersey log book & if possible the original bill of sale.

3. Don't forget to let your insurance company know the new registration issued by the DVLA otherwise you'll get a snotty letter from the DVLA claiming that the vehicle is uninsured.

The mileage on that car could be genuine as my 1978 Manta had 40,000 genuine miles when i bought it last year.

The wear on the drivers seat could be down to lots of short journeys & a lard ass driving the car.

My Manta is remarkably rust free for a 36 year old car which could be down to the mild winters & no salt being put down on the roads.

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the detailed reply and there is some very useful information there. The main thing I can see is the hassle you have to go through to register your Car e.t.c.

Short journeys is a good way of looking at the wear on the drivers seat, they are easy to wear I guess anyway if your not careful when getting it and out.

I've seen your White Manta and it's time warp. I can tell by looking at the side of it, the paint in the wheel arches is the same shade of white as the bodywork!