Better Introduce Myself.

daveyw

hello all. Davey here from oban, argyll. been lurking on here for a while now. I was a member on here years ago but forgot username, password and email. I've owned 2 exclusives in the past, hatch and coupe and also a very low mileage gold gte hatch about 6-7 years ago. sold to someone on here I'm sure. finally found myself another coupe. it's a 1.8 berlinetta in black with red interior. been off the road for 10 years but has survived remarkably well. spent the weekend stripping the car and it's off to a mates garage in 3 weeks time to get all the welding done. best welder/fabricator I've met. I can weld but this thing scares me a little and I want it done right! while he's doing that i'll be rebuilding a c20xe and will hopefully have it done by the time he's finished. then it'll be into the bodyshop whom I do autoglazing for, paint and rebuild. they kindly let me use the garage whenever I want. i'll start a thread in the projects section tonight. i'll also be looking for plenty of parts so hopefully you lot can help me out. cheers people.

Hi Davey. Welcome. Any chance of a "before " photo, just so that we can judge the progress better when the " inbetween and after" photos come up. I've been to OBAN a couple of times, very very nice place too. Good Luck with the project.

• Like 1

Hi Davey welcome back to the club. My names martin and I have your old gold hatch its still runnin like a dream I have owned it nearly seven years now. Hope your project goes ok and you and the family are ok. Cheers martin.

• Like 1

Hi Davey welcome back to the club. My names martin and I have your old gold hatch its still runnin like a dream I have owned it nearly seven years now. Hope your project goes ok and you and the family are ok. Cheers martin.

hi martin. glad to hear you're still the owner and it's going well. have you had to do much to it and what's the mileage now?

Hi Davey the gold hatch has 57000 on now not had to do much since the minor restoration I have just overhauled the brakes perhaps over winter I will overhaul the suspension. Looks like a nice project you have there not having a sunroof makes a lot of differance as I know only to well my coupe still needs a lot of welding. Good luck with your project hope it goes well. I would just like to thank you for the hatch I still love driving it and intend to keep it a long time .