C.B Radio

GerryC400

O.K, Don't all laugh ! Probably for the more senior members on here !! How many people on here had a C.B radio fitted in their opel or any other motor all those years ago. What were your handles? Just thought this might be a giggle ! Who remembers Convoy, and the U.K Convoy version.  I just went and google C.B radios for a laugh in a moment of madness / boredom...........

Appreciate this topic should be in the general part, just waiting on my membership .

Av still got a cb radio. Rubber duck (convoy) was a good film. Watchd it on sky just a couple weeks ago. Not many people hav cb anymore. Mobile phones became the new cb. Lol. Av still got the A track player from my mk1 cav. Most people do laugh wen u mention cb. 

Fair play Keith, c.b were good fun at the time, I am sure my mother in law still has some 8 tracks laying around. That's another blast of old skool technology........ Going to go looking for the movie now.............

Yeah farmers ar still using them in the trackors. A go on the cb now and again and havent pickd any1 up for over a year. Our local landrover club uses them wen we ar out in the forest havin fun with the landrovers. A recorded it on my sky box. Good movie to watch. Yeah most off my mates laugh and ask what the hell is a 8 track. Lol. Thats a blast from the past for sum people. 

Funnily enough, I dug a few of my old 'Rigs' out the other day! Planning a road trip in two camper vans and thought they would be good for that!

My old handles were 'Biker boy' and Cool rider' haha!

I was chatting to an older guy on it when I tried it, he just kept saying "Aye, it's not like it used to be" -- I imagined him sat with a whisky shaking his head! 

I had a YORK rig on my then Land Rover and my handle was "THE KINGFISHER", as I was a very keen trout and salmon angler in those days, my mate who worked on the roads was " Flashing Amber" cos of the lamp on the roof of his tractor. I had  14 for the " GODFATHER" one day so I picked the mike up and answered, He's in bed with a horse's head. He told me to Piss off. no sense of humour at all!!!  That would have been in the 70s.

• 2 weeks later...