2 very clean low mileage Sportshatches

1 hour ago, Trooker said:

Wow! both superb examples,but it would have to be the green one for me,even with its smaller engine,massive history file all neatly laid out on the kitchen floorB)

• Like 1

Yeah green one for me as well.

Interesting history on the Green one, it sold for £1200 back in October then was sold on at Auction for £1600 in January. The dealer that bought it has sorted out a rusty rear wheel arch & a brake fault.

Car was originally owned by a club member I think.

I believe that the dealer may struggle to get £3995 but I saw this car at Billing a couple of years ago & it looked a good un.

• Like 1

Looking at the pictures the green one certainly has it, however, when I originally saw the pictures of the copper one last year by the original owners in Jersey, (when it was on Car & Classic I think) I really found a sudden appreciation for the colour, even the light vinyl roof. The current setting with the off-white walls & floor not matching but not contrasting the roof does nothing for it, despite the heated-garage note. Its at £1700 as I write, there was a white one a week or so ago that went for £1700 and it wasn't nearly as good as this.

The setting for the green one is much better... late afternoon sun, good light, then the sidelights-on touch as well as the pristine drive and gate, it subliminally adds to the sense of care, originality and something you could see yourself nipping out and tootling about in an evening. Your history slightly changes the overview. Still looks like a great car but it does seem like rather an optimistic price.

Its a cracking looking '78 in your sig! 

2 hours ago, Trooker said:

Looking at the pictures the green one certainly has it, however, when I originally saw the pictures of the copper one last year by the original owners in Jersey, (when it was on Car & Classic I think) I really found a sudden appreciation for the colour, even the light vinyl roof. The current setting with the off-white walls & floor not matching but not contrasting the roof does nothing for it, despite the heated-garage note. Its at £1700 as I write, there was a white one a week or so ago that went for £1700 and it wasn't nearly as good as this.

The setting for the green one is much better... late afternoon sun, good light, then the sidelights-on touch as well as the pristine drive and gate, it subliminally adds to the sense of care, originality and something you could see yourself nipping out and tootling about in an evening. Your history slightly changes the overview. Still looks like a great car but it does seem like rather an optimistic price.

Its a cracking looking '78 in your sig! 

My 78 SRB also came from Guernsey, I bought it in 2013 got it UK registered. Very low mileage 41000, I'd been searching for an original unrestored Coupe & when I saw it I knew I had to buy it.

Manta_Offside.jpg

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 1