Free glass or it's gets binned!

Just cleared the rest of my late fathers Manta bits out of his garage this weekend and found some more glass for a coupé. I have the rear screen (have already advertised this several times but no takers!), rear side windows, opening type with grey catches and more than likely door glass but still have to check. Bronze tint. Also a couple of rear boxes.

I have offered this to Parkysmanta as he's not far away but I'm waiting to hear back from him. If he doesn't want it then it's open to anyone. I now have really limited space now as the two sheds I have are full and it will all get binned by next weekend. Already had to bin a bonnet :ph34r:.

On the plus side, I did turn up a very rust free door and non-opening rear hatch glass rubbers but I'm keeping them :lol:

They may be other bits being offered for free so watch this space! I will be putting a set of green hatch glass on ebay soon as well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 21:04, Exclusive Opel said:

Just cleared the rest of my late fathers Manta bits out of his garage this weekend and found some more glass for a coupé. I have the rear screen (have already advertised this several times but no takers!), rear side windows, opening type with grey catches and more than likely door glass but still have to check. Bronze tint. Also a couple of rear boxes.

I have offered this to Parkysmanta as he's not far away but I'm waiting to hear back from him. If he doesn't want it then it's open to anyone. I now have really limited space now as the two sheds I have are full and it will all get binned by next weekend. Already had to bin a bonnet :ph34r:.

On the plus side, I did turn up a very rust free door and non-opening rear hatch glass rubbers but I'm keeping them :lol:

They may be other bits being offered for free so watch this space! I will be putting a set of green hatch glass on ebay soon as well.

Any think going for 3 send it to me please.or ill pay the postage.im after small bits,or any bits,if I new you got shot of the bonnet ,dam.i wud of had,if u got out give a shout.im interest I parts now.finished with ,big iteams.pm me .let me no wot uv wont shot of .phil

Edited by philip1971

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2016 at 21:04, Exclusive Opel said:

I have offered this to Parkysmanta as he's not far away but I'm waiting to hear back from him. If he doesn't want it then it's open to anyone.

I haven't heard back from him in nearly three weeks so I'll open it up to everyone. The set comprises of door glass, rear side glass and rear screen. Both sides. Obviously collection only from North Devon.

Edited by Exclusive Opel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Definitely the last time now as the missus wants it out of the garden! We're going up to Llanrumney, Cardiff this Sunday so we could take it with us if it helps anyone. We should be up there by around midday. We're travelling up from Devon so it's pretty much all motorway until we are there. I've been told to say no detours and no waiting for someone to collect :ph34r: so it'll be pick-up when we are there.

:thumbup

Have some fun and Just smash it all up.

I to have offered free glass in all colours. 

But know one seems to want or need it.

People will regret free offers like ours.

They will have to use cling film in the future. .......serves them right. .

Please can you put some pictures on the forum of the glass in little pieces. ..

Cheers stuart. 

4 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Definitely the last time now as the missus wants it out of the garden! We're going up to Llanrumney, Cardiff this Sunday so we could take it with us if it helps anyone. We should be up there by around midday. We're travelling up from Devon so it's pretty much all motorway until we are there. I've been told to say no detours and no waiting for someone to collect :ph34r: so it'll be pick-up when we are there.

:thumbup

It is really a shame no one wants it, I would not mind having it and store it for you never know when one may need it, glass is always vulnerable, and can break and broken by idiots just for fun, shame you need storage space, in your shed, I am not anywhere near you or else I would have had them and even paid you some cash.

But please don't hammer them, somebody may thank you for keeping it available and then you can ask for cash as well, any way you could store in your loft space and then it is out of the way and safe when needed, a friend has a Volvo p122, someone broke his passenger side front window, captured on CCTV as well, just some kids no more than about 11-12years, and now he has tried everywhere and can't get one, from sweden it is almost £250.00! I hope you can keep it somehow and keep posting every so often and you never know.

I am after a door handle driver's side if you have one, and door rubber seals, and always take headlights and keep them spare, the oblong type for Manta B. Many thanks. 

Edited by MSGManta

Aye, will indeed be a shame to bosh it all, sooner or later someone will be desperately searching for that very item, but you can't keep everything just in case!!! 

I know from experience, try locating hatch, non tint glass, all you Manta rascals had it tinted (posh stuff in it's day) so clear is rare.

Mmm must be due a clear out in the summer now you mention it.