2.4cih

CAVALIERCOUPE

Hey John

As you have the engine still in the car could i ask a big favor, i have a 2.4 in my A series but the engine didn't come with the oil pressure switch and more importantly the little adaptor that it fits into and then that fits into the front cover. Is there any chance you could get a picture of the adaptor as need to get one made as you cant buy them and i dont know what it looks like.

Thanks Andy

Just now, 611 said:

Hey John

As you have the engine still in the car could i ask a big favor, i have a 2.4 in my A series but the engine didn't come with the oil pressure switch and more importantly the little adaptor that it fits into and then that fits into the front cover. Is there any chance you could get a picture of the adaptor as need to get one made as you cant buy them and i dont know what it looks like.

Thanks Andy

As far as I recall there is not a little adapter, you just take out a blanking grommet (with an allen key or socket) and screw the new sender straight in.  Some GTEs had right angle adapters because the 2 litre block was one thread and the sender another, also the position under the exhaust manifold was a bit challenging.

I have a 2.4 with the sender screwed right into the timing case by the pump.

Just now, paulmanta said:

As far as I recall there is not a little adapter, you just take out a blanking grommet (with an allen key or socket) and screw the new sender straight in.  Some GTEs had right angle adapters because the 2 litre block was one thread and the sender another, also the position under the exhaust manifold was a bit challenging.

I have a 2.4 with the sender screwed right into the timing case by the pump.

Are you running the injection on it? as i cant screw it right into the case is the trigger disc is in the way and i was told there is an adaptor on the frontera setup as they have the trigger disc.

Hi,  Right, now I understand, I am running the old 2.2 Carlton injection with the 2.4 injection rail and cut down Monza plenum. As such I have no timing wheel on the crank pulley.

The adapter for this set up is a silver thing, about 3 inches long and threaded externally one end, internally the other. I might have one spare in my box of 2.4 stuff that came with my 24 crate engine.

Let me look tomorrow and get back to you,

If I don't have one then shoot Gil at Opel GT source an email, he will almost certainly sell you a good used one.

Hey Paul

If you did have one that would be amazing. I think the 2.2 might have had it as well?

Got this little setup on my A and didnt think about the adaptor until i got the new sender and went to fit it!!

Andy

Screenshot 2016-09-11 21.53.34.png

8 minutes ago, paulmanta said:

Hi,  Right, now I understand, I am running the old 2.2 Carlton injection with the 2.4 injection rail and cut down Monza plenum. As such I have no timing wheel on the crank pulley.

The adapter for this set up is a silver thing, about 3 inches long and threaded externally one end, internally the other. I might have one spare in my box of 2.4 stuff that came with my 24 crate engine.

Let me look tomorrow and get back to you,

Hey Paul

If you did have one that would be amazing. I think the 2.2 might have had it as well?

Got this little setup on my A and didnt think about the adaptor until i got the new sender and went to fit it!!

Andy

Screenshot 2016-09-11 21.53.31.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2016 at 19:51, CalCol said:

@Andy, you mean the adapter for this? I bought mine off Derek Thompson at GM6 in Penzance. Worth a try as it's going to be a lot cheaper than having one made up.

Cheers,
Nick

IMG_9078.JPG

Hey Nick That's the one. Is it just a straight adapter with male thread one end and female the other? not seen one so not sure what im looking for. Got my flywheel from GM6 so will give them a try, thanks for the info as didn't think of them!

Andy

That's exactly it, Andy. Hollow hexagonal adapter with same thread each end. Derek has loads of Senator B and Carlton parts and the Motronic 2.6 / 3.0 12V engines had a lot in common with the 2.4.

If Derek can't help you I can take this one off mine and make a drawing of it for you.

17 hours ago, CalCol said:

That's exactly it, Andy. Hollow hexagonal adapter with same thread each end. Derek has loads of Senator B and Carlton parts and the Motronic 2.6 / 3.0 12V engines had a lot in common with the 2.4.

If Derek can't help you I can take this one off mine and make a drawing of it for you.

Thanks Nick, i have dropped Derek a message so i will let you know how i get on.

Andy