Manta GT '85

Liz

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and have joined hoping to seek some help and advice.  I own a Manta GT '85. It has been off the road for 22 years, and stored in a barn.  This was my first car, and I really had hoped I would be able to restore, and get back to driving on the road again.  Unfortunately, that has not been possible for me to do, and the time has come when I must reluctantly put the car up for sale. Just wondering if there is anyone on here that may know what the best route to take to do this is, and what it may be currently worth.   The car does start, however, there may need to be a lot of dedication to get it back to full restoration, in which case, it may be more preferable as a donor car.   Any advice and suggestions would be gratefully received,  thank you. 

Hi Liz,

A warm welcome to the forum. I would say that this is probably the best place to start to try to sell your car as you instantly have people who are genuinely enthusiastic and dedicated to the vehicle.

The first thing that I would suggest is to take as many good photos as you can of the car and post them up here (you will need the help of a photo hosting site for this). The photos you should try to get would include the following

- All exterior panels

- Under the bonnet area

- Inside the boor area

- The floor pans 

- The jacking point

- The chassis rails and 'swan neck' areas

- The dashboard

- All other interior areas

Also state:

- the work you have done so far

- work you think or feel needs to be done

You should also provide your location to help anyone interested work out the likely logistics of getting to/from the car from their location.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

welcome Liz, you are in the right place for sure!

Ian has covered all bases, but don't forget to also cover the Number of previous owners, recorded mileage and what history you have for old services/MOT etc  in the description as this can help too.

P.S And if you need any help hosting pictures, just ask.

Edited by Jessopia74
  • Thanks 1

Hi and welcome 

What makes you think that it is beyond you 

if you have a look at lans project the car was beyond saving,and now looking 100% 

You will get a lot of information, and someone is near you they will come along and help you 

I have sold my Manta because l may be losing my garage 

Have a good think before you let it go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IanMc said:

Hi Liz,

A warm welcome to the forum. I would say that this is probably the best place to start to try to sell your car as you instantly have people who are genuinely enthusiastic and dedicated to the vehicle.

The first thing that I would suggest is to take as many good photos as you can of the car and post them up here (you will need the help of a photo hosting site for this). The photos you should try to get would include the following

- All exterior panels

- Under the bonnet area

- Inside the boor area

- The floor pans 

- The jacking point

- The chassis rails and 'swan neck' areas

- The dashboard

- All other interior areas

Also state:

- the work you have done so far

- work you think or feel needs to be done

You should also provide your location to help anyone interested work out the likely logistics of getting to/from the car from their location.

Good luck!

Hello Ian, thank you for getting in contact. Apologies for reposting your message, I'm trying to reply individually to people after their message, but just trying to work out how that can be done without a repost!  Anyway, thank you so much for all the useful information that you have provided here for me, really appreciated. I do have a few pics of the car and ones showing the underneath, along with information of its current condition. So I shall hopefully be able to post all that presumably on the for sale part of this site. At the moment the car is in a different location to me, but I can certainly can add that information, which I agree would be useful for people. Thank you once again. Liz

• Like 1

Hello Jess, thanks for getting in contact today with some very helpful information, very much appreciated. I do have some of that information, but unfortunately, as it's quite sometime now, I don't have records of services/MOT to hand. I shall certainly provide as much information as possible though. Thank you for your kind offer of help uploading the pics, I may just take you up on that if I have any problems. Thanks again. Liz

Hello Wayne, thank you for getting in contact. Sorry to hear you too had to sell your Manta. I am in a similar situation, I no longer have the access to storage facilities. In addition, I sadly don't have the funds to repair it either, and I don't think I'd know where to start if I did!!! Thank you for the encouragement though, much appreciated. Liz