Carpets

moodoo

Folks,

In an ongoing effort to make the inside of my A-series a bit more pleasant, am looking to replace the tired carpet. Has anyone ever bought a carpet set from any of the online suppliers?

These guys list 'A series', but show a picture of a B, so not sure which it is: https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/opel-819-c.asp

There's also a guy selling them on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264971722726?hash=item3db18b9fe6:g:WZ4AAOxyeR9TLx9g

Or anyone any other suggestions? Am wondering with these aftermarket sets, do they end up being a bit 'patchwork quilt', since the pieces aren't moulded, just multiple individual sections?

Cheers,

Fin

I hope you find what you’re looking for Fin. I’m in the same position but for a B Coupe - when you do find a secondhand set they’re either the wrong colour or in bad nick.

I wondered about dye or spray as suggested but was worried it may look a bit crap. 🤷‍♂️

On 15/05/2021 at 08:25, Jonathan Pounsett said:

I hope you find what you’re looking for Fin. I’m in the same position but for a B Coupe - when you do find a secondhand set they’re either the wrong colour or in bad nick.

I wondered about dye or spray as suggested but was worried it may look a bit crap. 🤷‍♂️

Yeh...it's a case of me maybe making it worse, not better! Mine should be black but is faded, and there's a bald patch on the tunnel beside the clutch pedal. I suppose I could spray the carpet, and the bald patch too, at least if that were black it wouldn't stand out so much. I'd just be afraid of making a complete bags of the carpet. I've seen some guys on a forum or other with TVRs who have seemed to use fabric spray to good effect, I always thought it was a bit of a botch effort, but the photos of those cars look good.

Will continue looking....

Wonder what the likes of retropowers do, or major car restorers.  You could get a small rubber black mat, to cover the bald area. 

Remember cutting a mint perfect carpet for a caged car, even though the cage foot boxes where in, i thought there was no going back now, kept the corner sections, im sure of it.