Valuation thoughts while i wait for someone from the club to get back to me!!

Don’t waste your money on Ring crud, you will need to pay a subscription for it to work. I put mine in the Bin and now use eufy 2k doorbell (battery) instead.

Bloody brilliant bit of kit and battery last ages. Considering I have workmen in/out my house currently it’s very impressive to get 3months out of 1 charge.

However, loads of cars are stolen with better cctv coverage anyway, so really something more mechanical to disable the cars movement should definitely be deployed.

I had one of these in the last place, right in front of the door so there was no easy way of getting the door open and if they did they would have to do a fair bit to get it removed and the car out! I think making it hard is the first plan, then immobilised and then CCTV, that way you have covered as much as you can!

I know a lot of the bike guys use baby monitors in the garage so then you can hear anyone if they get into the garage.

Fully_retracted (1).jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 611 said:

I had one of these in the last place, right in front of the door so there was no easy way of getting the door open and if they did they would have to do a fair bit to get it removed and the car out! I think making it hard is the first plan, then immobilised and then CCTV, that way you have covered as much as you can!

I know a lot of the bike guys use baby monitors in the garage so then you can hear anyone if they get into the garage.

Fully_retracted (1).jpg

Now that’s something I would invest in over cctv if I had to choose, but both as you suggest would be great. Do the insurance company recognise these bollards ? 

36 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Now that’s something I would invest in over cctv if I had to choose, but both as you suggest would be great. Do the insurance company recognise these bollards ? 

My previous company did when i had it insured with them (but that was 6 years ago) not sure on the current one as don't have one now but when i rebuild the garage next year im going to put one in 🙂 

I had mine right up to the garage door with the lock facing the door so there was just enough room to get the lock in, so to cut it off you would find it hard work! I know with the right tool you can remove anything but the harder you make it the less likely they are to try, i hope!!

• Like 3