Cavalier / Manta B Pre-Facelift Spotlight Help!

SHarper

Hello all! 

I’m struggling to find some answers on how to mount 4 Hella Comet 500 Spotlights to my Mk1 Cavalier Saloon. Is there any custom brackets out there which can aid in fitting? There’s 2 Small holes underneath my chrome bumper which i presume is for overriders or front fog lamps? Either way the spotlights go into them but they’re upside down. I’m aiming for 2 on top near the Nose and 2 offset at the bottom.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Sam

Would look at mounting them off the chassis, where the bumper mounts 13mm bolts, later cars had a bumper support bar, don't think the chrome bumpers had these. 

Good clean corrugated cardboard, straight edge, sharp craft knife, for your templates, and make or get it made, 3mm upwards should work.

Ref upsidedown, will the lenses rotate in the housing. 

When I had my Cavalier Sportshatch I used the holes underneath for fog lamps and drilled holes in the bumper for the spotlights.  I also used Hella Comet 500 lights which weren't too big so I didn't need any steady bars.  Years ago Theta used to make spotlight brackets for the Manta B with chrome bumper and the black plastic ones.

• Like 2