Fuel tank hose query

happypatrol

Been spending some time falling back in love with my GTE after not using it much in the last two years. Various small jobs to do but every job grows arms and legs. I had a spit on one of the fuel hoses at the pump.  Now replaced these but the tank to pump hose looks very bad and the hose clips are disintegrated.

does anyone know what size the two hoses direct from tank are ?  These have cloth wrapped around them. Not sure why ?

Also I’m no genius but I’m guessing I’m going to need to drain the tank to change that hose ?

Any info on tank hose size or online suppliers would be great.

cheers

david  

Edited by happypatrol
Spelling

I have a vauxhall part number for a tank to pump pipe with the correct bend on it as not to kink. Think it's off a vectra iirc and can be bought direct from vauxhall. It's in my tool box at work I'll get it for you tomorrow. 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 2

Appreciate the info Hooby. 👍

Andy. If you can get that part number I can always try. I did notice a bend in the hose but I was thinking I could use a plastic elbow if need be. Any info would be great. 

cheers guys. 

• Like 1