Matthewsons, Opel Manta Berlinetta (Hatch) - Auction this weekend

• BarryD89 changed the title to Matthewsons, Opel Manta Berlinetta (Hatch) - Auction this weekend

For someone who is supposed to be getting the best price he can for his customer Derek Matthewson comes out with some odd stuff. His comments about the glass sunroof in the video would properly upset me if that was my car.

It wasn’t that bad surely? It’s not like he said “stupid glass sunroof needs cutting out and plating over”. Like he said, it’s a period accessory from the 80s, I like a glass sunroof, probably better than the original! 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

He’s honest and says what he thinks. Mathewsons is a big business now with lots of clients and followers - that’s what gets you the high sale price.

He 100% needs to be credible, so easily forgive him for stating the obvious tbh.

Maybe it's just me but using the words "Shame", and "it's got it now, not much you can do about it" are not what I'd want to hear if it was my car. By all means point out the aftermarket sunroof, and he does say it's been done well, but his opinion that it's a bad thing isn't needed, surely that's up to the potential bidders to decide.

Edited by 1900SR

To be fair, most of the active members on here don’t see to rate the original sunroof as anything other than a rust trap and total no-no.  I think someone even suggested that if one is fitted, it should knock the price down on the pricing guide.  

9 hours ago, BarryD89 said:

To be fair, most of the active members on here don’t see to rate the original sunroof as anything other than a rust trap and total no-no.  I think someone even suggested that if one is fitted, it should knock the price down on the pricing guide.  

Thats only the steel sliding sunroofs fitted when the cars were built. The glass sunroofs, which were mostly a dealer fit upgrade, are not an issue for rust.

• Like 1