manta 400 fog lights

not a manta 400

Herman the 400 guru is your man for this.

I'd like to try it, but I would need another front airdam.

The bezel is the step back from airdam that holds lights. I'm guessing they are smaller in diameter than quad headlights, and smaller. Outers have lens pattern lights and inners look plain. With clean perspex cover. All could be replicated if you had dimensions, maybe working from scale and photo above, but most airdams are different. 

I doubt an aftermarket version exists.

Another guy who may help us mantadany on Facebook. 

On works really cars this area was used as an airdam for brake cooling. 

Edited by ®evo03

I wont have to replicate the front air dam since i own a original irmsher, the holes for the lights are 117mm and I think that's close to 4.5 inch lights, and they are indeed smaller than the quad headlights. The problem is that i have been unable to find lights that fit the holes for the lights (most are to big), i found tractor headlights with mounts that fit and kind of match the bolt pattern for the mounts, but they dont make those anymore. 

• Like 1

I have this same set up on my Manta, as you say very hard to find lights.

After lots of searching i did in fact use Tractor headlights as you mentioned and are still available for one pair and random fog lights from a toyota, purchased from Ebay, unfortunately the seller had no idea which car model they came from, i had to make my own mounting brackets on both.IMG_2746.thumb.JPG.514673c130a99751f1dcc7dcf4866fa3.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks Bris jas and Evo03 for your ideas, but I made a small mistake. The outside diameter is 117mm, but on the inside of the bumper there is an edge, which measure 122mm and that’s what the light is actually inside of, I’ve found rally lights that are 122mm in size and fit the bolt pattern, wessem RAJD3.46722 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, not a manta 400 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for information on what lights were used on the Manta 400 front bumpers with foglights. (see picture)

🤣 What lights did you use, full report please.

Dimensions, type, make, model, and materials used. 

No asking without giving 😉

image.thumb.png.b8fe2d2597236405178567ab1f57c546.png

Over exposure, I can see your pulleys from here 🤣

2 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for information on what lights were used on the Manta 400 front bumpers with foglights. (see picture)

That's a crazy grill, spoiler gap, cigarette box on its side gap, I would struggle to fit a cigarette paper 🤣

It's amazing so many different kits, where is it from? 

AND VERY NICE JOB ! 👍

On 07/01/2024 at 05:48, ®evo03 said:

Hi everyone,

That's a crazy grill, spoiler gap, cigarette box on its side gap, I would struggle to fit a cigarette paper 🤣

It's amazing so many different kits, where is it from? 

AND VERY NICE JOB ! 👍

the lights are wesem RAJD3 122mm but i tinted them yellow, with some slight modification to the frame and adjustment screws it fits perfectly

and about the gap, i have a original Irmsher 400 front bumper that i mounted to the original mounts and the grill is a mattig manta B2 fiberglass replica which is also mounted in the original position... so my guess is that the gap is also original but im not sure,  i know the rally cars used a grill that had the extra 2 holes in the grill below the 2 holes of a B1 and not above like with a B2 so if you have a rally bodykit the 2 extra holes are where i have my gap

• Like 1

Extra gap useful for extra cooling, especially xe or c20let. 

Maybe full lamp pod restricts cooling? 

Great info, does your spoiler allow for lamp pod also? Great modification.

I think I might plan for something similar, but I like doing mods that can be reversed, by either keeping original parts and buying extras to play with. 

Lamp fitted to earlier black plastic bumper, sketch is a work in progress render, rear window lover needed. 😎

IMG_20240110_201306.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Extra gap useful for extra cooling, especially xe or c20let. 

Maybe full lamp pod restricts cooling? 

Great info, does your spoiler allow for lamp pod also? Great modification.

I think I might plan for something similar, but I like doing mods that can be reversed, by either keeping original parts and buying extras to play with. 

Lamp fitted to earlier black plastic bumper, sketch is a work in progress render, rear window lover needed. 😎

IMG_20240110_201306.jpg

nope, it doesnt, i dont think any of the road mantas have a front spoiler that can fit a lamp pod.

Cool sketch, looks amazing

also, do xe and let engines have problems with cooling? since you mention its usefull especially on those

Edited by not a manta 400

Xe cooling, no issue, just they heat up quickly, and stay very hot, especially with RWD manifold or headers. 

A good well thought out system, a heater matrix also helps, electric fan is a must, especially in traffic. Stat controlled and or manual switch, 

But I have noticed leaving edge of bonnet open helps, just a cold air feed. 

IMG_20230902_204355_HDR.jpg

I think air ducts on 400 bonnet are too far back, originally for carb and manifold cold air supply. But also space for rose jointed shock turrets, Modern cars have sealed, force fed air ducts. 

Interesting the measures used on real 400s to cool them. But fitting a lamp pod it was usually only used at night in cooler conditions. 

DSCN2637.JPG

DSCN2608.JPG

• Like 2