Rear chassis repair section

john hibbert

Hi all got my Manta A on the spit roast  last week and discovered that its had some repair work carried out previously and not the best, has anyone else had to deal with this area  Top mounting area above rear coil.

no reproduction sections made that I can find.

thanks John

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

5 minutes ago, H-400 said:

I would clean that section till bare metal and than you can find out what parts to repair, those parts are very expensive:

https://opel-shop.com/produkt/neu-original-opel-manta-a-ascona-a-rahmentraeger-laengstraeger-rahmen/

Hi yes did find this section in Germany  not from this site this one is cheaper thanks Herman have been looking at the Kaddett C repair section very similar

• Like 1

rails are one thing but most times repairs / fabrication is easier and the damage is limited . this area rarely rusts on the b series ( in my experience anyway) and similar spring mount area rot on other cars usually starts due to the double skinned construction around it 

how bad are yours ? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Have one side as a repair panel for a manta B. Are they completely different.

Can't find other side. 

Can photograph. 

Evening if you could post a photo of your repair section that would help thanksl

8 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

rails are one thing but most times repairs / fabrication is easier and the damage is limited . this area rarely rusts on the b series ( in my experience anyway) and similar spring mount area rot on other cars usually starts due to the double skinned construction around it 

how bad are yours ? 

going to strip it back this week and remove the old repair see whats beneath  

On 11/03/2024 at 21:58, H-400 said:

I would clean that section till bare metal and than you can find out what parts to repair, those parts are very expensive:

https://opel-shop.com/produkt/neu-original-opel-manta-a-ascona-a-rahmentraeger-laengstraeger-rahmen/

It is expensive, but it’s a vey complex part. I think it would cost a lot more to get that part fabricated and I doubt it would be much good.

• Like 1

dont worry too much . it always looks bad when you start digging but its not too bad realy . just cut back to sound metal and work your way methodically in and then back a stage at a time . at the end of the day its only metal . watch a few youtube videos and you will feel less daunted . i watch one called "yorkshire car restoration " and its so good it makes me want to go outside and redo all my previous repairs done over the years !

Edited by cam.in.head
spelling
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2024 at 08:48, cam.in.head said:

dont worry too much . it always looks bad when you start digging but its not too bad realy . just cut back to sound metal and work your way methodically in and then back a stage at a time . at the end of the day its only metal . watch a few youtube videos and you will feel less daunted . i watch one called "yorkshire car restoration " and its so good it makes me want to go outside and redo all my previous repairs done over the years !

Yes watched a lot of Yorkshire car restoration on you tube well worth a view