Manta GTE Peter Maiden Components upgraded/ lowered springs

Kal001

Posted (edited)

I’ve got a set of PMC upgraded and lowered set of springs. They’re a bit dusty and some paint has flaked off as per pics ! 

Had them on my car for a couple of years and probably did about 10 to 15k miles on them ( car has only done 52k). Decided they weren’t for me as I found them too stiff on the Konis. They lower about an inch or so at the back and a couple at the front , to give a nose down appearance, and they’ve been sitting in the garage ever since. 

Was  wondering if anyone had an idea to value etc before I post up for sale .

Thanks in advance! 

Edit - if anyone’s interested they’ll go for £40 ( forum price ) ideally collected or with additional postage costs . I’m located about 10 mins from Junction 2 of the M5- I’ll even chuck in a cuppa. 

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

Edited by Kal001
Add price.

26 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

I’ll move this into the for sale section anyway so once you’re ready you can edit the title or I can do it for you 👍👍

Thanks. I’ve edited the post to add a price and location- thank you. 

• Thanks 1

Would you be willing to post them? I appreciate they're probably pretty heavy but they aren't too delicate so a sturdy cardboard box covered in packing tape should be sufficient, bubble wrap/newspaper would be a plus. Perhaps two parcels would make more sense?

I'd be interested as mine rides a little high for my liking but I think you're too far from me at 1hr45min. 

1 hour ago, mepbowles said:

Would you be willing to post them? I appreciate they're probably pretty heavy but they aren't too delicate so a sturdy cardboard box covered in packing tape should be sufficient, bubble wrap/newspaper would be a plus. Perhaps two parcels would make more sense?

I'd be interested as mine rides a little high for my liking but I think you're too far from me at 1hr45min. 

Hi. 

I’ve got no issues posting them out or packaging them up appropriately. Only issue would be the postage costs due to weight. If you can cover that I don’t mind covering packaging etc. 

Posted (edited)

Go withParcel Monkey and use Evri. You can ship 15kg in a box for less than £10

I just sent a new set of springs for X3M that weighs twice Manta springs for £12 incl insurance 

Edited by Jessopia74
Fix Auto spelling crap 😁
  • Like 2

On 08/05/2024 at 22:20, Kal001 said:

Hi. 

I’ve got no issues posting them out or packaging them up appropriately. Only issue would be the postage costs due to weight. If you can cover that I don’t mind covering packaging etc. 

If it's in the £15-25 region then that'll be fine. £55-65 for a set of springs is okay for me.

1 hour ago, mepbowles said:

If it's in the £15-25 region then that'll be fine. £55-65 for a set of springs is okay for me.

Cool. I’ll get a quote for postage and get back to you then. From post above I don’t see it as being £25 

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 20:35, mepbowles said:

Just had a quick check with weight and dimensions and looks like Royal Mail can do 48hrs for £10  - let me know. 

• Haha 1

Good old PMC. They used to supply some good parts but let me down once. They were selling off brand new 2.2 Carlton bottom ends, as I trolleyed it to my car I saw it had been dropped and the casting around the starter motor was cracked...sadly it was the last one they had.

3 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Good old PMC. They used to supply some good parts but let me down once. They were selling off brand new 2.2 Carlton bottom ends, as I trolleyed it to my car I saw it had been dropped and the casting around the starter motor was cracked...sadly it was the last one they had.

They had some good stuff. I remember buying a rear disc upgrade from them at a fraction of the Irmscher kit and spending hundreds to get it to fit. It was when they advised the garage to machine the callipers and the rims we called it a day !! 

11 minutes ago, mepbowles said:

Haha wait a minute!

If everything they sold was a little dodgy, are these springs going to be alright? 😅

No the springs were the worst !! 😂😂😂😂

Just don’t tell the guy who bought them 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1