my latest rot box

stradacab

to be fair thats not a very good assment of it

dscf0807ca5.th.jpg

thats the good side,except the wing,which mantaman was commenting on trying to repair it(its rot free otherwise,so might be worth it)

dscf0808xy1.th.jpg

never seen this colour interior before,reminds me of astra and cavalier sr`s

dscf0809cm4.th.jpg

when the car was 4 years old the sun roof seal packed up,as the owner was skint at the time he silcone it shut,SO THE ROOF HAS NO RUST,YEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

dscf0810jz5.th.jpg

sadly ten years ago(when it was last on the road.a italian lorry driver decided to hit the side,the door is mullard,however the wing has pushed out,and might save yet,

dscf0811ch8.th.jpg

dscf0812fj9.th.jpg

battery tray is mullard on the flat,but the foot wells/inner wings have been repaired properly,so it should be a easy job,dont you think mantaman??cough cough

dscf0813ka4.th.jpg

dscf0814qd7.th.jpg

best off all after ten years of standing,

new battery,and it started 2nd try.

1983 manual monza E

1989 3.0 auto GSI

1993 Pre face lift 24v manual gsi

Glad you've got it safely home, another one saved.

I was tempted but it was too far away, I'd just bought a silver GTE hatch project and my wife would have killed me.

Let us know your plans and how you progress.

Forumwheel.jpg

dscf0815bw9.th.jpg

dscf0816on2.th.jpg

i botherd to was it today,after work,it has taken the mould of but the paint is scratched and flat.both doors are rotten,as is one wing(the other one rot free,but bent)

and had it running up to temputure(10 year old feul doesnt fire very well) so 2 gallons of new stuff was added)

as i havent driven a manta for a few years,i took it for a quick drive down my private village,

the engine is quite,and i cant hear the axle(yay).

so i need ideally 2 black doors and wings

1983 manual monza E

1989 3.0 auto GSI

Must say i havn't seen the Beige check in a Black Manta before its usaully the darker check, but i have seen it in white Gte's and i know it is also in the Gold GTE's as my Gold GTE Hatch has the same interior as yours. You can see it in this pic

3494%3A%3C884%7Ffp37%3B%3Evq%3D32%3A8%3E764%3E%3B%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32355%3B%3B%3B53459vq0mrj Midasmesh giving it rear wheel action in the Staffordshire Moorlands. OMOC 5285

Ian aka metgreymanta (or should that now be scruffy black Manta?) your doing a lot of coughing when mentioning my name in the same sentance as rust.... so let me clear my throat,cough, MEMBERSHIP cough,cough.....

Might need to check your photoshack account,the images are comimng out small after the the URL title is diplayed,though we dont need them large on this forum to spot rust in a Manta!

Mantadoc - Fulking Hill (near Brighton!) a rat eyed STRADA that hasn't rotted away,heading to 25 years old it ought to preserved not just pressed into service as there cant be many of them left now.

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

no i have made myself a promise to join the manta club,been paid so once ive filled the form in it will be done!,

1983 manual monza E

1989 3.0 auto GSI

well as im trying to do abit every day,i gave it a polish (well the bonnet) and whilst its still scruffy,at least its shiney!.

the rear lights work(when ya hit them) then after a while fail again,so il have ago at cleaning up the connections 2moz.

my aims is to have it in a MOT bay by wednesday for them to poke holes into it,

1983 manual monza E

1989 3.0 auto GSI

bit of a kick whilst im down today,came home from work early,due to feeling like crap,but thought id make the most of the time,so finished off its first polish,got a nice shine one it,so got the boot open,sorted out the lights,

feeling very please with myself,and my mot on wednesday looking to be on track.

so i jack the car up(on its jacking points with its own jack) and stuck my head underneither,lots of surface rust,but nothing more than,so slid out and poke the jacking point on the drivers side.

should of done that,the front drivers jacking point has had it.

talk about feeling abit heart broken,

mantaman will be appearing after work to see whats he thinks to the situation(or weather he can do it this side of xmas)

if not il have to advertise it again(although at least it saved from the crusher),its currently living on the public car park displeying a 1997 tax disk!,hence the needing a quick mot.

any how we`l see

dscf0818th3.jpg

1983 manual monza E

1989 3.0 auto GSI

So how come you are selling? From what you've described it doesn't need much for an MOT. Alot better than most mantas.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-OPEL-MANTA-COUP...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ

ViewItem://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-OPEL-MAN...QQcmdZ

ViewItem

Come and give it a go!!!

If i could get it from Milton Keyens to north wales i'd have that off you. Would make a good daily driver.

000_0260.jpg

Well this didn't last long!

After Ian had uncovered rust he got cold feet and bailed out,(he will never own a Manta if he's worried by rust) he's sold this Manta to the same person who bought his 1800 coupe. i didn't even get chance to extract club membership from him!

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

quote:i didn't even get chance to extract club membership from him

id="quote">id="quote">

Maybe that's why he keeps selling them, all the time he owns one you hassle him about club membership!

omoc 5660,Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep & keeper of the A register.