Whose got D600 DFK now - the 1986 silver i240 with 8x15 400

Ronals; Princess 4 pots with 285mm discs on the front; rear disc kit and mint Blitz interior - any chance of a few recent shots and a little recent history (any new mods perhaps?) since you've owned it. I've always liked this car.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Rally Bred,

I have some pointles info re this car (D600 DFK). My dad owned the car in the early 90's, at the time it didn't have the 8x15 Ronals you refered to but 15" Imrcher rims. The stripe that are on the car in Roy's photos are'nt the original stripes either. If i can get my hans on a scanner i have a bedroom full of photo's of this car. My dad also had a i200 (C888 VWD) this car is now a restoration project and has a 2.4 block in it and 17" Compomotive MO's. Whilst my Dad had the i200 my brother had a i240 (B600 OEA). This car was of a higher spec to my Dad's i240 (D600 DFK) it had a quick rack competion Bilstein's and slightly more BHP. I ould me thore willing to send you photos of the car's but unfortunetly i don't have a scanner...

A.Green

• 4 weeks later...

It belongs to a member in the Midlands now.

He was at Billing on the Sunday in it, but had to get away early.

See http://www.mantacentral.co.uk/omoc/photopages/nec2003.html for some photo's of it at the CLassic Car Show 2003 at the NEC.

Although it was over 18 months ago it is pretty much as it looks now, this is definately NOT to say it hasn't had any money spent on it, cos I know it has!

Sideway's Steve - whereabouts are you cos I know he would love to see some old photo's of it.

Rally Bred - I'll have to see if I can encourage him to venture up to the East Mids meet in it sometime soon!

National Meetings

'86 2.4 GT/E - looking for V6

'84 Original GT/E - looking for a loving home

'73 Very original 1.6S - no longer looking for a back box!

• 1 year later...

Hi,i am the new owner of D600DFK,bought at billing 06.THe car is in good order but i have a list of jobs to do to it,as with most 20 year old cars.E45SFK (another i240) lives on the next street to where i live suffering neglect & living outside (i could cry...)

Alister (West yorkshire)

Hope you get on well with your new car. I know Paul loved it and it's taken him about 2 years of beating himself up to finally do it!

Looking forward to seeing it around again. Where abouts are you?

National Meetings

IMG_1473.jpg

'86 broken 2.4 GT/E hatch - still looking for V6

'84 Original GT/E hatch - Sacrificing itself for the good of the colony!

'73 Original 1.6S - Earning it's keep

E45 SFK, i can't believe this car is being neglected, i remember when Sean Hunt used to own it, he spent loads on it making it mint, it was the last i240 built and deserves a good home.

jesus e45 sfk must be rescued. Mark Morris had it after Sean Hunt and did loads of really nice detailing to it, cant believe its just rotting away. I remember him emailing me pics of the gearbox sitting on his kitchen table being cleaned and painted! I've always wondered where it went as it was one of the cars of the club and to hear its being neglected is gutting. Aliopel is the owner not interested in selling it? Bet theres a few people on here who'd love to have it, what ever its condition. Let Anne Norris know about it, I'll bet she'd rescue it!

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

When e45 sfk came up for sale about 5 years ago i did not have the money at the time (about £6200 i think).Imagine my suprise when it turned up on the next street to where i live ! The guy who owns it now has been into mantas/asconas for years,unfortunately the guy seems to buy mint cars,run them for every day transport then sells them on when they are shot & goes out & buys another........ At the moment he has a carmine red exclusive coupe E or F plate parked on his front lawn (not moved in a couple of years).The famous I240 was used every day up until about 3 years ago,it is now sat on his drive under an old green wagon sheet surrounded by building materials for house extension.I dont know the guy to speak to but could not stand the pain any longer so at xmas called to see the owner,asked him if he would sell it & name his price,he said it was not for sale & his plan was to take it with him to the south of France when he retires,also that it would need work to get it back on the road & a few hard to find parts ????? ,he was pretty much trying to talk me out of it but i left my contact details with him incase he has a change of heart ! So now there is two I240s living a street apart.

Alister (West Yorkshire)

can't the "squad" rescueing Moon Monkeys manta have this as their next mission - you know dead of night, couple of trailers, leave a skoda badge nailed to his front door as a calling card!

seriously though it is a bit galling knowing that great cars are being neglected especially when they could be being restored by people who genuinely love them - i don't know maybe they guy has some plan but doesn't know how to go about sorting them maybe a spare copy of Manta Magic through his door could spur him into action - (I have 2 latest editions somehow)

OMOC 5876

anyone got a spare wheel nut! ive lost one!!

I am guilty of having good cars laying idle but mine are all in nice dry containers, the ones that do start and drive are brought out every month or so and are run and the batteries are charged up.

The worst thing you can do is lay a car up outside, it will kill it inside a year, or make restoration 100 times harder.

----All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be---

• Like 1

Hey.....I think it would be a case of "join the queue" to buy that car. Having said that even when Sean owned it all those years ago, it needed quite a bit of welding on the footwell and jacking points so heaven knows what sort of state it will be in by now.

Sad....although it is not stricly speaking the last genuine i240 as it was a conversion...(putting my anorak on for a moment there).

Cheers,

Paul.

OMOC Chairman

i200thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The anoraks will know best but I didnt think the i240 was a factory car. I thought it was a special built by steve thompson cars (irmscher uk) that you could buy through the dealerships with full gm warranty etc. Wasnt the i200 & the 400 the same? Its a bit like buying a Scooby P1. Subaru sent the impreza to Prodrive, they bolted all the nice bits on, then you picked it up from your dealer, who looked after the warranty and so forth.

signature.jpgmantaebay1.jpgcarsmall1.jpg

http://www.chavspotters.com

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard

THEY ONLY CAME IN ASTRO SILVER AND WHITE AND DID NOT HAVE FACTORY FITTED SUNROOFS.I FIRST SAW THAT CAR ABOUT 89 AT BURTON ON TRENT SHOW WHEN I SAW IT AGAIN IT HAD A RALLY TEC FRONT END ON IT.400S WERE BUILT ON THE 1ST FLOOR IN A WORKSHOP AT THE RUSSELSHEIM FACTORY WITH ONLY SPACE FOR EIGHT CAR AT A TIME THEY WERE NEVER BUIT IN DEALERS OVER HERE I 200 WERE.

• 1 month later...

Anorak on......

With respect to the 200's and 240's, as far as I know, they were all built as such at the Opel works in Belgium, being provided to the UK in either Polar White or Astro Silver. The Blitz interior was included from new and the chassis build plates indicate these options. The LSD's were also specified from new and fitted at the factory and should be shown on the Chassis plate.

Two batches were built, the second larger batch being fitted with the Sliding steel sunroof (as this is what had pretty much become a standard fitment).

When they arrived in the UK at the Irmscher Importers in Walsall, the Dizzy's were fitted. Originally Irmscher imported ones were installed but laterly Aldon Automotive modified them for ST sport Parts and these were used instead. This is often why they look the same as standard ones on the later cars, having the Vacuum advance pipes still fitted.

The Headlamps were changed for the Irmscher Items and the Decals kits fitted as specified. The Rothmans Striping kits were a no cost option and were fitted to most of the cars. One was known to have been fitted with a Dealer Sport striping kit, in Anthracite and Yellow rather than the Porsche Blue and Red.

As for E45 SFK, it was a special order built from an exclusive model by Steve Thompsons in Walsall. It was originally built for one of the brothers. As the Blitz interiors were no longer available from the factory, it came with the Chicago Grey trim. It did however have all of the other Irmscher options including LSD and was fitted with split BBS rims from new. The original spec even included a Kenlowe Electric fan, so they pretty much put everything on it that they could find! The chassis plate shows XR3 - detailing it as a GT/E, which is not evident on the original spec cars.

I'd still love to find out more about the Hatchback i200. I know it did exist but whether it was a special order from ST's, I'm not sure. I have spoken to a chap that worked near to the guy who owned it, and apparently, it was a genuine ST car. If anyone has any info on this, please drop me a line.

Cheers,

Paul.

OMOC Chairman

i200thumb.gif

Like i all ready said they only come in white or astro silver the basis of the i240 is aspecially ordered manta gte the result of a deal between stc and opel in germany by ordering an initial bach of 25 cars they were able to get all white gtes without the normal badges or short boot spoiler no sunroof or headlamp washwipe but with an interior of the manta 400 and the gte s optional lsd they were not built on the basis of the manta exclusive no homologation cars should ever have sunroofs so what they have been telling people.[:0]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've finally found original photographs of the i240 - D600 DFK, B600 OEA and the i200 - C888 VWD. I also have a copy of the receipt of when D600 DFK was purchased in the late 80s with an original document direct from Irmcher highlighting the modifications and spec of the vehicle. The three cars where my familly during the late 80s. For any one who has an interest in i240's or i200 these pictures are sure to make u drule...

I also have some pics of original 400s

Sit tight and wait...

A.Green

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I just found this old topic while doing a few bits and bob's, brought a smile to my face

Shows what the site has at times on the history of our cars.

This is a pic taken on Saturday at The Argory where we attended a vintage day.

robbies.jpg

• 2 years later...